Why would someone say I should stay if we weren't all that close?

I work with another girl I talk with occasionally. We work in a restaurant; I work in the main dining area and she works in the cocktail area so we don't work as closely together. We're both girls. Though we talk from time to time, I often feel like I don't have a lot to talk with her about. Sometimes we joke, but it's shortlived.

I've been miserable at work. Several other people are quitting. A new manager is in. And I've been talking about quitting. Others who are quitting as well are pushing me to do it. But when I was talking about it to her tonight, she said "don't quit." a couple times. I said "I mean, if I'm unhappy here, why should I stay? You know?" and she didn't give an answer. The manager had yelled at me unfairly tonight and I said that if he brought up the incident and tried to punish me for it (in the form of a write up for instance) I would quit right then and there. And she asked if I would please come and let her know if I did quit.

Honestly, I'm not completely socially intelligent. I'm not necessarily awkward or geeky; I just don't get close with people often. I'm very used to moving around and not being around any one person for too long. I generally move onto the next stage and don't look back. So I apologize if this is a stupid question. Does she consider me a friend and is she wanting to keep in touch? If I'm unhappy here, why is she saying I should stay?

Renee: ..........what?

• Renee
    Favorite Answer

Let's say that I can empathize with what you are going through . Perhaps your paths were destined to

cross at this point of time in your life. She might have great insight, loyal to a friend, her intent is right on target and you might wonder how does she know this about yourself. Perhaps she sees you as a person

that doesn't give up that easy. Or that when the tough gets going , the going gets tough.

Be grateful that she can see what you don't see even though you are indeed begin to make a noteworthy

effort . Ask yourself this question does she repeat what you say to her or does what stays in the discussion is kept in your effort to be curious enough to keep you come back little by little that

the evidence points that this golden opportunity noteworthy to not be worthy.

In closing : Are you lonely and want something more from your life? Is there evidence that she has

peace that shows that she has evidence pointing in the direction and intent to go in the right direction.

You might recall this small song that will bring you to your knees: Jesus loves me this I know for the bible tells me so; little ones to him belong; they are weak but he is strong: Yes , Jesus loves me; yes, Jesus Loves me; Yes, Jesus Loves me for the bible tells me so.

What the world needs now is love sweet love; it's the only thing that's there's much too lttle of ; that's love..

In closing what would add an edge to your life; that is Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. After

you have gone to the front of the preacher tell him your objective and that is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Afterwards, all you need is Jesus Christ presence inside you and you will understand the great I am I am.

Every1 is quiting & she feels lonely, add a new mean manager & shes scared..now days I cant believe any of u r talking about walking away from a job..shes just being work friendly

She may be basically lonely at work as well and seeks comfort by having a partner in pain so to speak.

• ?

Sounds like she just concerned about you. People don't have to really know each other to have concern for them.

polite