Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Christians, have you found non-believers are often 'crashing' your questions?

I put questions up to Christians, for Christians, and for sure IF

IF...non-believers WANT to answer the question....but they don't.

They want to say something else, maybe the opposite (quite common), or

maybe some slur (also common).

Are Christians (must be 'so-called' for this) also doing as much of this, too?

Is this just a rampant problem all over R & S, then?

Because I haven't found Christians doing that, but I've sure seen

non-believers going right out of community guidelines which I always

deal with.

You'd have to post questions to notice this, so if you don't, you

might not see this.

...

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Muslims seem to have solved this problem long ago, posting serious Islam-related questions in Ramadan. Because bashers usually click on R&S and not on S&C they either do not see the Ramadan questions or if they do somehow they realize they are not to intrude there. If you notice they get mostly serious answers there. Good thinking, Muslim friends!. We should pick Easter for this purpose. Peace.

• When I come to this section, I usually only answer the questions directed at atheists, but this is a discussion message board so people reply to everything. If you don't want to hear opposing opinions then you probably shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.

"Because I haven't found Christians doing that"

Atheists don't usually ask questions directed only at atheists.

"but I've sure seen non-believers going right out of community guidelines which I always deal with"

Christians do this all the time too, except you probably don't notice it as much since you're a christian yourself. There used to be a couple of christians in this section who spam every question with a copy and paste wall of text about accepting Jesus into your life. They've probably been banned, I don't know. Then there's also some christians who spend all day posting personal attacks against anyone who disagrees with them (although some atheists do that too).

Well, Follow, that is why I rarely answer your questions, even though I'm in your contacts. Your questions are usually addressed to Christians and I'm not a Christian. However, sometimes I can't help myself and am so interested in the question that I answer it anyway. For example, this question lol. You can be sure that if I do so, I DO have an answer to the question and that my answer will not disparage you, your beliefs or your question.

However, I do see that both Christians and atheists ask questions of each other here and that sometimes both parties ask questions of the opposite party by name. In your case, its not like that. You usually want answers from other Christians. I've learned to read your questions thoroughly to find out if I can answer them and sometimes I can because I do know the answer. Wow this is confusing...

In any case, it is insulting for either group to insert themselves into a question just to be a butthead. I would say that both sides seem about equally to blame for this practice. This is from careful observation and it DOES depend upon the tone of the question. If there is veiled or open insult in the question (and it happens often here), the answers tend to be much less useful. I'm trying to be as PC as I can... What a great question, sorry for my lengthy answer.

Auntie Kookoo

This is an open forum. Everybody has the right to answer anything asked. So if you direct your question to a specific group, you will probably get answers from people outside of your group. Now as far as immature comments from Christians, I've seen quite a few. I am an atheist, but I don't support ignorant behavior from others who agree with my position. So keep reporting the answers which stray from the guidelines. That's about all you can do. They'll just keep coming back though. Even if the account is terminated, they'll make a new one, and come back. Report or ignore them.

• ?

I see atheists answering questions in ways Christians do not consider helpful but not in ways that atheists don't consider helpful. Christians do the same thing but you may not notice because you think the Christian answer is helpful?

For example if an atheist asks other atheists how to explain religion to their children, a Christian's view of the best explanation may well involve the claim that the Christian god is real. Does that answer my question in the way I wanted? No. Does it give the answer the Christian think is most useful? Yes.

Apparently Yahoo Answers has two sets of rules. One for Atheist who can pretty much post any kind of slur, accusation, attack they like and another for Theists.

The only reason I come in here any more is to kill time.. Right now I am working on a project that has some very complex queries that time some time to run so waste time in here while waiting for the queries to finish. If not for that i would not even be here.

If you've not found Christians doing this... Well, you must be a biased observer.

Also, I should point out that this question is addressed to Christians, but about Atheists. If this is your normal type of question, I can see why non-believers may answer them.

a) This is an open forum, where anyone is allowed to post

b) Any answer which is not germane to the question can be downvoted or reported as a violation of community standards

c) It seems a bit narrow to ask a question of just one group of people, particularly when there are other that could give you the answer you seek.

Source(s): atheist

The practice of inviting a selective group to answer a question on a public forum is idiotic. If you are looking for answers you want to hear do it privately. Feel to criticize me.

I suggest you look at the questions addressed to atheists more closely - you will see the same thing there from Christians.