Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Why some religious groups love to practice what is evil (when Scriptures say You must hate what is evil)?

They bless all the military paraphernalia, call the soldiers "Soldiers of Christ" (?), send soldiers to die for a Political cause, and repeat that some Wars are "Holy Wars" (Viet Nam, by Cardinal Richard Spellman, for instance). What would you define these groups as, in your opinion?

Update:

Isabelle - Why do you like to multiply words without knowledge?

Update 2:

Bluetoot... - No; like abhorr what causes suffering to orphans, widows and promote hatred amongst brothers, amongst many other things. Those things are evil. Thanks.

Update 3:

oldandti.. - All is in a name, and yours tells the whole story. You are old, tired and ready to go. Travel in peace, and hope your reception is friendly, friend. Thanks.

Update 4:

Callum - Yet, it was said but few read: "But I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons, and not to God, and I don't desire that you would have communion with demons. 21 You can't both drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You can't both partake of the table of the Lord, and of the table of demons." For - we all know - "My Kingdom is not of this source, for if it was, my follower would have fought so I would not be delivered to the Jews", yet, Man fought Holy wars, and many "made the ultimate sacrifice" (to demons). Thanks.

Update 5:

Methane Mama - Again the saying becomes true: All is in a name, and yours tells me what you have: hot air, Mama. Thanks.

Update 6:

star - "How do you read" what I asked? Would God be wicked for destroying Sodom, or just, because He exercised Judgement? Read again. Thanks.

Update 7:

Fireball - Aren't we? "3 Don't you know that we will judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? 4 If then, you have to judge things pertaining to this life, do you set them to judge who are of no account in the assembly?" Read again. Thanks.

Update 8:

Pizza time... - How could people interpret (if interpretation belonged to Man, which does not, but to God Himself) something they have not read neither studied? Are you knowledgeable of the Truth? Do you know the Truth? Thanks.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There is a criteria that they have, in which they determine that something is a holy war. And each and every war that has ever happened has not lived up to that criteria. The Bible says: "By their fruits you shall recognize them."

• 7 years ago

The soldiers in Holy Wars believed they were fighting for religion and king, the two most important things of that time. Even if they didn't want to, they pretty much had to.

The majority of kings did not believe in any religion - but instead wanted an extended influence or more land in an area, and if they truly did then they thought they were "cleansing" the heretics.

They were called "Crusaders", and fought for their religion. An example being the Teutonic Order.

• 7 years ago

its not evil to have a army to defend against violent aggressors

Ecclesiastes 3:8

8 There is a time to love and a time to hate.

There is a time for war and a time for peace.

• 7 years ago

People will always rationalize their belief system regardless of what their religion stands for. For instance look at the multiple interpretations of the bible or how one denomination believes in drinking and another does not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Those people arent christains simple as that. This here people is called a cult. A cult on my opinon is trying to personafy yourself as of god and love when rrally of evil.

Source(s): Sasha
  • 7 years ago

Brainwashed sheep. And they are not very smart either or they would figure out that a child God following a human being is like p*ssing on God's leg.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

"They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness"

~Psalms 82:5

Self-Knowledge is the basis of our true being. The ignorant do not have it, and hence they are so called. ASTAVAKRA SAMHITA – Chapter XVIII - P150

• 7 years ago

Hate what is evil? Like those pesky witches right? Oh yeah, the scripture shows God really hates wars.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

so you don't believe in killing the wicked ?

in that case, when a thief enters your house, let him rape your mother, wife and children ... right before your eyes.

how old are you, anyway ...

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

you mean like the hindu or buddhist who practie active pacisifm

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.