Im 14 and I want to run away from home...?

I'm 14 and I want to run away. Im an only child and my mom's never home so most of my time is spent self-harming or thinking about suicide... I've overdosed twice already and nobody's ever here. Running away seems like a better option than suicide, so where to go is my question? And how much cash it would take to get there. Im in southern Ontario and just need to leave behind what's happened here. I can fend for myself, im 6'4 and quite strong. Ive tried counseling and im sick of them feeding me pills that dont work. And I really dont wanna go alone, is there anybody out there that thinks the same..? Dont try to talk me out of it. Please just tell me. Where to go. How much cash. How to get there. Thanks...

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, you're 14. I suggest you wait a couple more years because you're a bit too young right now. But if you want to leave, the question is, where do you want to go? Where do you feel safe and comfortable? You're going to need some cash, a lot of it if you plan to survive on your own, so start saving now. The question you need to ask yourself is are you ready? If you are, start preparing. I'm not gonna talk you out of running away because it's your choice. But if you ever want to talk or need anything, email me. I'll be there for you. untilreason@yahoo.com

• Egypt

Unfortunately at 14 you cannoy live on your own regardless of what you wish and hope. Its a dangerous disgusting world out there. You might think your life is bad sitting in a lonely house but let me tell you we live in a world full of disgusting evil you have no idea about. A 14 year old kid could easily be manipulated out on his own. My best advise is if you want to get awau stay at home and get good grades in school right now, let that be your ownly priority. In four years you will get a free ride to college and be able to live an awesome life on campus and learn and grow into a man. When you sre finished college you will make awesome salary and live a happy life. Nothing worth while comes overnight. Work for what you want. Sitting around self loathing is not the answer your just wasting presciois time. I was a depressed teen and I wish I embrased those years and took advantage of those scolarships they get to high school graduates. I thought I was dumb until I hit college.

Hey man, I was pretty close to the same situation. Don't run away. Go to child care services, something like that. If your moms not taking care of you that's her fault. Don't kill yourself man, it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. If you really want to leave home, find a good hearted relative. Tell them the situation. Your only 14 bro, you've got your whole life ahead of you. Do t let some mom who's never around cause you to ruin your life. If anything this will make you stronger. Hold through man. \m/

Run away is not a good idea for life, because these kind of job done only by loser. You have to buy some small dog or cat what you like, then spent your fun time with them, feed them care them and love them as your own child. Then see your life become most beautiful.

Improve Your Running Technique Now!

• ?

you want to go away? fine!

But where will you get the money for food, shelter, clothes?

you will not get any job, you're not independent.

Your mum is never here, so you can have all the fun you want

or go to your relatives place.

It's not good sleeping on the roads.

I think you should continue the counselling. It will help you with your suicidal problem.

Take care

All you need is Love , that's all you need . Don't you? Then tell your mom that you want it. Don't be stupid .Killing yourself is not an option . Running away too. Just ask and tell your mom if she loves you and why she's like that to you. Everything happen for a reason. Ok? But if you're mom didn't want to answer you then maybe she really don't love you. But wait ,don't kill yourself first, go to your friends,relatives,etc hang up with them, your mom just made you and she is not the one that will make you happy if you've grown old. Just keep the the hope.

Source(s): Hope- key to love - to happiness.

Running away is never a good idea. You're young and have so much life ahead of you. If you don't want to live with your mom, stay with another family member or close friend.

ok look try to have some fun for your self try to find girl or boy and have fun with them u said ur parents are never home then i would talk this time to chill with friends and invite guests and maybe having a party

your problem is not mental is that ur on ur boarder line and you have no idea what to do if you would like some more help then i could talk to you more on facebook and give you more advice.

good luck.

i know I'm late, but try calling a hotline for now or go to a runaway shelter. your life will be different there, remember. http://blog.justaskinnyboy.com/hotlines

• B O'Malley6 years agoReport

http://www.covenanthousetoronto.ca/homeless-youth/Home.aspx