do you like the boy name perry?

Wdyt of this name? Do you know anything about its meaning?

Favorite Answer

I will admit that it's not a favourite of mine as it has a young and very chipper and bouncy feel to it that does not coincide with my own, slightly stricter tastes in terms of boy names, which is perhaps why I favour Percy more highly.

That said, there's nothing wrong with Perry. It's a very old and distinguished classic that has fallen off the radar a bit in the last century and, since it's been given no negative modern connotations in recent history, that means it is perfectly suitable for a comeback. Though I will say that it's interpreted meaning; "Foreigner; Stranger" is a bit of a puzzler but, oh well! Barely anyone pays attention to the meanings of names anyway and, from looks and sound alone, Perry is a very suitable choice. All in all, I'd give it a thumbs up! :)

It's not something I'd pick personally...it strikes me as more cute than strong or handsome, and more dated than classic. That said, it's a name that's been around longer and has more dignity than so many names that are being used these days...while I wouldn't use it myself it would seem like a fresh and charmingly retro choice on someone else's kid. Don't know anything about the meaning off the top of my head, sorry!

Like it! Is a family name in my family.

Well; It worked for "Perry Mason." -So why shouldn't it work for Your kid ?! ;)

• smurfy

I just adore it!!!