Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 7 years ago

Windows Blue Screens Almost Every Session?

Whether it is just simply loading up my computer, or installing a program, my clean install of windows randomly BSOD's on me :(

I did a clean install to help speed up my computer and clean up the registry/program files, and it has been working fine, but sometimes It blue screens before the logon screen!

I get this same error every time:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 3b

BCP1: 00000000C0000005

BCP2: FFFFF800031299B7

BCP3: FFFFF8800A2FEB90

BCP4: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\123113-6786-01.dmp

C:\Users\Ethan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-14820-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clci...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

3 Answers

Relevance
  • mnmboy
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The most common reason behind BSOD's and the evil twin the Black Screen of Death is corruption of registry keys; sometimes it's a faulty motherboard, but that is the exception and not the rule. You say you cleaned up the registry - I hope you were using a tool like CCleaner (which is free by the way). Use the tool to empty temp internet files, cookies, cache and the like as well; the cleaner your system, the better.

3b usually means your graphics card is referencing memory it shouldn't be. Update the drivers for your video/graphics card, run CCleaner again and reboot to see if that takes care of the issue.

Best of luck.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Replace Hard Drive

• 7 years ago

watch the temprature of your computer, it's most of the times the reason of the bluscreen error

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.