Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 7 years ago

Windows Blue Screens Almost Every Session?

Whether it is just simply loading up my computer, or installing a program, my clean install of windows randomly BSOD's on me :(

I did a clean install to help speed up my computer and clean up the registry/program files, and it has been working fine, but sometimes It blue screens before the logon screen!

I get this same error every time:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 3b

BCP1: 00000000C0000005

BCP2: FFFFF800031299B7

BCP3: FFFFF8800A2FEB90

BCP4: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\123113-6786-01.dmp

C:\Users\Ethan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-14820-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clci...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• mnmboy
    Favorite Answer

The most common reason behind BSOD's and the evil twin the Black Screen of Death is corruption of registry keys; sometimes it's a faulty motherboard, but that is the exception and not the rule. You say you cleaned up the registry - I hope you were using a tool like CCleaner (which is free by the way). Use the tool to empty temp internet files, cookies, cache and the like as well; the cleaner your system, the better.

3b usually means your graphics card is referencing memory it shouldn't be. Update the drivers for your video/graphics card, run CCleaner again and reboot to see if that takes care of the issue.

Best of luck.

Replace Hard Drive

watch the temprature of your computer, it's most of the times the reason of the bluscreen error