Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Canada,... Did you ever turn Americans away?

What is the process to move to Canada..

5 Answers

Relevance
  • bw022
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

Canada has a strict immigration system. All immigrants must meet the same requirements in order to apply for permanent residency. These include things such as: marrying a Canadian willing to sponsor you; having an approved job offer in specific professions (doctors, engineers, nurses, specialized trades, etc.) and competing for a 5,000 positions based on age, education, work experience, language skills, etc.; having a net worth of $1.6M and investing $800k in Canada; completing certain university degrees in Canada and finding employment in specific professions shortly after graduating; being nominated by one of the provinces (doctor willing to work in a remote community, buy and run a farm in some provinces, world-class performing artist, etc.); etc. You must pass medical, background, and financial checks. Process can take three to five years or more depending upon the category.

In 2012, only 9,900 Americans obtained permanent residency in Canada. Of these, over 70% obtained permanent residency under the family sponsorship category (i.e. the married a Canadian who sponsored them or were a minor child of someone who married a Canadian). In most cases, if you have the job offers, education, work experience, and money needed to apply to Canada under any of the economic categories... you already have a good life in the United States.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Canada has a point system for immigrants.

• 6 years ago

Of course they turn people away. Every country does.

But here, let me help you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/immigrate/index.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility...

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I was told your IQ must be below 46 to fit in but I have no Idea if that is true.

Source(s): "DRINKING THE WRONG KOOL AID CAN BE HAZARDOUS TOO YOUR HEALTH"
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Not sure, but I'll bet they do. Mexico does too at times.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.