Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Access to food, shelter and health care are fundamental human rights. True or false?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is neither true nor false. It is a belief. If you are taking a poll, you can count me as believing food, shelter and healthcare (and education, and a participatory role in society) are fundamental human rights.

EDIT: On second thought, I can present a case these fundamental human rights are biologically evolved values common in most humans so in that context, the statement is arguably "true".

• 7 years ago

"Access", qualified true. But once "accessed" these products and services must be paid for, morally by the recipient or beneficiary. All "rights" come with something called "responsibilities". Once you exercise a "right", you incur the "responsibility" that goes with it. If you "access" a right to health care, you have a responsibility to pay the provider for their service. To believe otherwise is to believe the provider is some kind of slave, required to provide their service without expectation of compensation. Do you also demand that the carpenter build you a home and the farmer provide your meals without compensation? I seriously doubt it unless you are a parasite on some communist welfare state program.

• 7 years ago

Access or payment of?

Access: True

Payment Of?: False

The Warlock

• 7 years ago

False. You have a right to the food, shelter and health care you earn.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

False. The only one I agree with is the health care.

• 7 years ago

not at all!! each person has the responsibility to take care of himself/herself, along with taking care of their children. government is not in any way responsible for any of this except to ensure that each of us has the opportunity to take responsibility without being harmed by those around us or by some foreign intrusion. this does not mean that government has the power to prevent our possible problems due to crime or invasion, but instead to ensure that such things are dealt with in such a way that those who perpetrate such intrusions into our lives are held accountable. remember, government operates, regardless of which type of government it might be, on the support of its citizens, and in our case, the government has absolutely no right to take from any of us in order to sustain others, but only to sustain its effort to defend the nation and our laws. look, I'm all for helping others, but only through willful giving and sharing...charity in whatever form it might take. I am completely against government having a hand in any of it.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

True.

And so is belonging to a Trade Union, or at least that's what the US President said in THIS short but extraordinary clip; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedd...

The GOP have lost their way!

• Di
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

True.

As to who pays for it, that is the crux of the matter.

• 7 years ago

Yes, and everyone in the US has had access to all three for decades. Just in the most inefficient manner possible.

• 7 years ago

false. you only have 'rights' that you or someone else can guarantee. i haven't seen or heard of anyone guaranteeing this for anyone. nice idea though. you willing to pick up the tab? i'd like a ham and cheese omelet please.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.