Why do republicans ship jobs overseas and then complain when people end up on welfare?

Update:

Isn't it a case of wanting their cake and eat it too.

Update 2:

Liberals want to end welfare by creating jobs.

Update 3:

Why do we go overseas to lose jobs through unfair competition? In an effort to bring back jobs from overseas, we need to demand that all imports be made on par with our labor and environmental laws. This could easily be done as we are the biggest consumers in the world. As such, either do it our way or take the highway.

How is it that American businesses go overseas to perform business practices that are illegal or considered abhorred here? Why hasn't America's clergy spoken up on this?

When businesses go overseas we lose that business and their employees tax revenue while ratcheting up the demand for social services in the same instant. When we tack on the cost of social services we find that cheap imports are an illusion.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Best Answer

And they enact laws that help them hide assets offshore to avoid taxes which hurts us all but they whine their taxes are too high.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, “It has been estimated that some $5 trillion in assets worldwide is held "offshore" in tax havens.” Over ten years, an estimated $1 trillion in revenues is lost due to the use of tax havens and the government must make up for this shortfall. This diversion is ultimately shouldered by other companies and taxpayers and is transferred as higher debt for future generations.

• 6 years ago

They don't ship jobs overseas per se, but they did fight (and kill) a 2012 Democratic measure that would've closed the tax loophole that gives companies a break for shipping jobs overseas (moving operations overseas counted as a "business expense" that could be written off).

It's understandable, as wealthy Republicans are some of the primary beneficiaries of our convoluted tax code, but appears to be inconsistent with their platform.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Jobs are shipped overseas because in today's global economy a business has to be price-competitive. High labor costs, taxes and government regulations often make that impossible. The reason people end up on welfare is because of government policies that discourage job creation.

• Zardoz
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Companies sending jobs over seas is one of the consequences of government regulations and union demands that it would be wise to take into consideration. Only an idiot would demand I pay someone more than they're worth and not expect that I will find a cheaper alternative.

They put themselves out of work because they didn't put the effort into being worth more because they thought the government could force companies to hand to over regardless. I really don't care who made that demand. You should.

Source(s): [n] = 10ⁿ
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

I only buy American and dislike when people outsource. But I have seen problems where Unions were unreasonable and they only way the business could survive were to outsource. I know most do it only for profit and numbers but not all. But stop buying from them. Stop supporting anyone other than American companies.

• It's not as much people ending up on welfare but the people who choose to stay there. That crappy Obamacare website cost $600 million and was made in Canada. That pisses me off more than some bunghole in India giving tech support.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Uh, aren't republicans uneducated inbred trailer trash?

Maybe the CEO's are trying to get away from liberals, who are trying take away everything a business owner makes and tax the rest.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Republicans love welfare programs but they won't tell you that. Demonizing "city" people that need government assistance is what gets them elected.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

did you conveniently forget about obamas own jobs czar Jeffrey Immelt sending jobs overseas?

hows Clinton's NAFTA working for you?

• Jamie
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

same reason liberals do

lol you really think this is a republican problem?

really??..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.