Did the OT saints in "Abraham's bosom" go to Heaven when Christ was resurrected?

No Jehovah's witnesses, SDAs or Mormons please and thank you.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. Jesus stopped In Paradise for all those who passed on since the beginning of time. Also many rose from their graves when Jesus died. And showed themselves to The Religious idiots that had Jesus Crucified.

God Bless Ya,

Chicago Bob

imasinner

There is more joy in Jesus in one day.

Than there is in the World 365/24/7

I know, I tried them both.

Numbers 6:24-26

• 7 years ago

Matthew 27:51-53

King James Version (KJV)

Matt 27:

51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

• 7 years ago

Abraham sort of knew of Jesus just when he died . And , I'm sure Jesus meant him at the gates of Paradise . For , Jesus said he existed in the beginning as well as he exists in the end . In fact all of us did and will; For , there is no such thing as time in the spiritual realm . But Jesus' Paradise is sort of a "catch-all" of those who humble themselves before the "LIGHT of God" , like the Thief did . But they are sent out a lot ( just as Jacob Marley was to Scrooge , and Michael also was sent to Daniel , where he was detained by the spiritual prince of Persia for 21 days ) through that evil veil that surrounds the earth . And so , that is why they all seek for the 1st Resurrection so they can pick up in their spiritual grow where they left off when they decided to go ahead and die .

And this is why Jesus told us to pray "Thy Kingdom come on earth " ; For God would only set up His Kingdom during the days of the 10 kings of the toes of Daniel 2's feet , and when the 3rd Bethlehem Star event occurred in Virgo in 1981 . But just as the Jews refused to accept Jesus as their foretold Messiah and obey his sayings , and they were destroyed 40 years after Jesus' death SO will it happen to the Christians , where God will be forced to be that Servant of Is. 52 & III Nephi and be marred more than the Son of man ; And then Mal. 3&4 will take place ( Mat. 22:41-46 & Is.18 & 29 ) .

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Jesus was clearly expecting that characters from the Old Testament would find themselves in heaven. On the other hand, resurrection and judgment are consistently spoken of as a future event throughout the New Testament.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I do not know the exact verses, but my pastor told us that when Jesus body died on the cross and He became fully God in Spirit (He empties Himself of divinity before), Jesus went to Hades to proclaim His victory to His enemies (1 Peter3:18-20) as well as bringing His saints from Hades to Heaven.

• Jimbo
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

The New Testament says the Jesus freed many of the prisoners while in the grave. That implies that they left where they were. And if He's coming back with His saints then they would obviously have to be with Him.

• Aminda
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Yes.

• 7 years ago

Yep, they sure did.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.