Is it true the president is going to change the name of Alabama to Allah-Obama?
- Non Sequitur IILv 66 years agoFavorite Answer
Although your question is silly, I'll give you a real response. No, for numerous reasons.
(1) This would require a legislative act which is outside of the President's power.
(2) Even if Congress wanted to do that it doesn't have that power in the Constitution. Alabama's name is up to its citizens.
(3) In order for Congress to get that power, the Constitution would need to be amended. This would never happen and is one of the few issues that Republicans and Democrats would agree on.
(4) Even if the Constitution were amended to grant Congress that power, it would never change the name of Alabama to Allah-Obama.
(5) Although Alabama's citizens have that power, virtually no one would support this measure. I would be shocked if it got the number of signatures necessary to put it on the ballot.
- Joe HeatonLv 76 years ago
In the minds of Red State Morons - yes - probably.
But then, they live in a morass of ignorance and moral depravity - so I no longer put idiotic thing past them.
Former Republican who got tired of the GOP being a magnet for the ignorant, the racists, and the pricks.
- ArtemiscLv 76 years ago
Yay intelligent political dialog!
- EwenLv 56 years ago
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "no".
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous6 years ago
No, but he is going to change the name of your town to "Redneck Wonderland"
- FrancisLv 66 years ago
NO!.vote Republican or better.
- 6 years ago
Where did you here that from?
- 6 years ago
-It'd make YOUR "Day"- wouldn't It ?! :)Source(s): The Obvious.