Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 7 years ago

Is Bill Murray the only true successful former SNL cast member?

Will Ferrell: Not funny

Mike Myers: Not funny

Adam Sandler: Not funny

David Spade: Not funny

Chris Rock: Not funny

Tina Fey: Not funny

Tracy Morgan: Not funny

Dan Aykroyd: Not funny

Chevy Chase: Not funny

Dana Carvey: Not funny

Jimmy Fallon: Not funny

Bill Murray IS in fact very funny, and a great actor.

And the only other former cast members that were actually a bit funny died before they could fully move on to a film career, John Belushi, Chris Farley and Phil Hartman.

@Prism: One chuckle from the Not Funny list does not make them funny.

@twiggy: Was Eddie Murphy funny? He gave me a few chuckles, that's about it. Murhpy's act is mostly for black people, it's hard for me to get his jokes (which he hasn't done in ages) because I'm not black.

@Debbie: No, really. I get Will Ferrell's comedy concept. Ferrell is a big husky guy that plays roles that don't match a big husky guy, I get it, that's the punchline, I just don't think it's funny. Adam Sandler always plays the man-child roles, I don't think it's funny. Chris Rock talks with a funny voice, I don't think it's funny all the time. I totally don't get Tina Fey. David Spade is nothing without Chris Farley. Jimmy Fallon laughs like a dope head, not funny.

Favorite Answer

You either have no idea what comedy is, or you're just a huge Bill Murray fan. You can't be both with a list like that... :(

I think many of those people you mentioned are funny. They're all successful, not just because you don't think that they're "not funny"

Edit: I love Tina Fey, and she's truly successful as many of her movies and 30 Rock won many awards and accolades for her. Jimmy Fallon is successful, seeing as he's going to host The Tonight Show, a legendary show. Love Chevy Chase's National Lampoon movies. Will Ferrell is hilarious.

Chris Rock Adam Sandler Jimmy Fallon and Will Ferral are all wayyy funnier than Bill Murry IMO and all have more hit movies and have made wayy more money in there Careers than Bill Murry and that is a fact.. O i forgot about Eddie Murphy , i dont think anyone thinks Murrays funnier than him but you, and judging by Eddie Murphys sucsess more than black people get his jokes eveyone does , he probably has more white fans than black. You dont judge him by his talent you judged him by his skin color and that sir makes you a RACIST

Source(s): Name one Bill Murray movie better than Beverly Hills Cop? Just one Ghost Buster maybe but most adult that would watch both movies would say Beverly Hills Cop and Eddie carried the whole movie his self and it killed at the box office, I guess only blacks went to see it huh? I OWNED YOU
  • Jenn

You're wrong about a lot of those, but didn't you forget Eddie Murphy?

I agree about Phil Hartman.

I didn't say he was funny. I don't even like him very much. I'm just surprised you left him off your list.

So what exactly do you find funny then??? I dont get it man, you slag all these talented comedians/actors because its your right to, but you aint right son. Millions of people love bill murray, AND all them other guys you listed there....why you such a hater?

Yes

Just about

kcco

• you close-minded a$$hole...