eBay shipping/packaging advice?

I just sold a couple clothing items on eBay and want to sell more, but I think I need to find a more efficient method of packing them. I sold two jackets and used the poly-bubble mailers Canada post sells, but at up to $5 a mailer, that can get kinda pricey if I want to sell many things. Is there any other packaging I can use to package and sell clothes? And where do I get these supplies? I live in Canada and use Canada post. Help me out guys, I'm clueless!

Also can someone explain the process of printing shipping labels from eBay? I know it saves you money on shipping, but how do I print one and what do I do with it? If I print one and pay for it on PayPal, can I just tape it to my package and put it in a mailbox instead of dropping the package at the post office? I tried printing one, but the label was really small and I wasn't sure what to do with it lol (absolutely clueless). Any help is appreciated!

Favorite Answer

I do quite a bit of clothes sales on eBay. Fortunately for me, the US postal service offer free flat rate and priority shipping boxes and I find that, although I keep a big roll of it handy, clothes rarely need bubble wrap. Newspaper won't really work for your purposes since the ink will most likely end up on the clothes. I check the Canada Post website and unfortunately it doesn't look like they offer free boxes, so you best bet is to buy a package of cheap boxes from your local office supply store or from uline.com

As for postage, I know that in the US, I can just simply print the postage label on my printer and the price comes right out of my PayPal account. You can adjust the size of the label by adjusting your page set up option under printer settings. I use glue AND tape to make sure it stays on the package. I usually just leave my packages with my regular outgoing mail and the postal carrier picks them up when they pick up the rest of my mail. Hope this helps.

You dont need bubble wrap mailers for something that is not breakable. Just use grocery bags inside out to wrap clothes in. You can find free packing supplies on Craigslist in the U.S. You find lots of supplies in the trash bins around. Thats what I do.

You can print out a label through Ebay which deducts the cost from Paypal. You can use the USPS website or the FedEx website also to print labels. You can print on plain white paper and tape it to the package, leaving the barcode untaped. You can write the address by hand and take it to P.O. and let them weigh it.

Are you over 18, have you never mailed packages before?

try old newspapers

when you printed the label you say it was small how small was it?/

could you read the addess?