Not possible. Average cold sores take 7-10 days to go away but you can do things to make it less. I have had cold sores since I was a child. Age 19 they were really bad and I decided to do research. I have learned a lot over the years by experience, internet medical pages and internet forums where others share experiences they have. I now have learned what to do to keep them minimal and when I do get them they are smaller and heal fast. I will share that with you now.
If you get them often that means you do not know that there are things that trigger cold sores.
Avoid these things to lessen your cold sores:
1. The sun. No sunbathing or tanning booths. This is a terrible trigger.
2. Alcohol especially beer and including alcohol in mouthwash. I have no problem with wine.
3. Nuts. Very bad trigger. Avoid all nuts and foods made with them like peanut butter. Also no grains and seeds.
4. Caffeine. I do okay with 2 cups of coffee. Be careful with caffeine drinks like Monster etc. I drink diet coke and have no problem with that.
6. Colds and illness.
7. Citrus fruits like lemons, limes, oranges and no juices made with them or medicine etc.
8. Sour candy like sweetarts, warheads etc. and hot chips like flaming hot cheetos etc.
9. Citrus sodas like mountain dew and 7 up and all brands and off brands like it.
10. High arginine foods.
11. Females cannot avoid this but menstruation can bring it on.
12. Season changes in weather.
13. Dry chapped lips. Only apply Vaseline regular to your lips. They sell small lip size tubs near the lip balms. Put on 3 times a day at least and before going outside. Keep lips covered in cold weather , windy weather, dusty. Stay out of the sun. SPF does not help to avoid cold sores out in the sun for me. Buy aloe vera 100% clear pure gel. No menthol etc. pure. Apply to outer edges of lip. In winter if using heat have a humidifier in your bedroom like a crane teardrop. Also one in the home is good too, or just a larger one for the living room area. Humidifiers put moisture in the air.
Medications: L-Lysine take 1000 mg daily every single day to prevent them. I find the 1000 mg tablets are two big so I buy the 500 and take 2 every single day of the year . Buy at the pharmacy, grocery, walmart etc. I buy mine online at Puritan Pride. They always have huge sales and I get buy 1 get 3 bottles free. When you get a cold sore take 3000 mg -Lysine while you have one. As soon as you get a cold sore put Neosporin Plus Pain on it and do that a few times a day, especially before bed. This heals it fast. The Plus Pain part of the Neosporin takes away most of that tingling. Also there is data that Zinc helps heal cold sores I take one a day when I get a cold sore. Buy zinc at the same places above, again I get mine at Puritan. Ask your doctor beforef taking the above medications just to verify especially if you take other meds. Keep using the Neosporin as above until its gone.
Eat foods high in-Lysine every day and low or no Arginine. Greek Yogurt daily is good and a apple is good daily, every day.. Look on the internet the list of high Lysine foods so you know what to eat. Look up high argine food so you know what to not eat. Follow that or you will have repeat cold sores more often. This is very important.
When I do get a cold sore, it only grows for one day or really a half and super slow. Usually it will stay within the border of the lip. By the third day the appearance is very small and scabbing.
Dont use anything else on the lips at any time like chapstick, lipstick etc.
When apply things to the lip use a qtip and never touch the sore andput back in the medication.
You can get a prescription for Valtrex from your doctor for cold sores. I tried this many many years ago and it gave me a sore throat to take it daily. I am not sure how it works with cold sore so look up forums to see what cold sore sufferes say about this.
I do find though that pure 100% clear aloe vera gel applied to and around lip edges daily even when a cold sore starts helps keep it small.