Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Homophobes : Deal or no deal The states are allowed to refuse to issue marriage licenses to gay couples?

in return the states have to recognize the validity of marriage licenses that were issued to gay couples in other states

Update:

@ Ice T

No can do bc the Brown v Topeka Board of Education ruling said that Separate But Equal is Unequal

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Dana B
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This is not a deal supporters of marriage equality should be offering even if the homophobes would go for it. What about gay couples who can't travel to another state to get legally married? And even if they can, why should they have to spend the money, time and trouble to do so if they don't want to?

@Y_U_somadCanada? "A democracy, in its simplest idea, is majority rules. So why is it, that while Americans have voted time, and time again that gay marriage should not be legalized, we are still having this discussion?"

Because America is not a democracy. It's a constitutional republic, where certain rights are protected by the Constitution regardless of what the majority wants. One of those is the right of equal protection under the law guaranteed by the 14th Amendment. Marriage discrimination has been held time and again to violate that right.

• 7 years ago

A democracy, in it's simplest idea, is majority rules. So why is it, that while Americans have voted time, and time again that gay marriage should not be legalized, we are still having this discussion? Do i have a problem with gay people? Not at all. The fact that people are voting for it more and more is not because suddenly people are becoming more accepting, it's because they're sick of hearing about it and just want to be done with it. But thats the problem with America today, "majority rules, protect the minority (and rights etc.)". So why does that suddenly mean, "let's protect the minority by not hurting their feelings and giving them what they want,even though they lost"? sorry to ask so many of my own questions. LOL,

• 7 years ago

Homos you can be gay all you you want but no deal with marriage it is sacred and is between a man and a women. I pity those fags that will rot in hell if they pass gay marriage nationwide

Source(s): GOD
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

The pitifully small fraction of homosexuals who actually care about being married is a true testament to the stupidity of what you're fighting for. I just wonder how much legislation the government has passed behind the back of the American people as this queer idea has been argued.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • IceT
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

No deal. Call it something other than marriage and you have a deal.

Edit...can do bc gay marriage and heterosexual marriage aren't equal!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Homophiles: no deal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.