Pac Man asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Why would you not choice to join a Union?

seems counterproductive..

Ya just noticed that typo.. Damn you auto correct...

• David
    Favorite Answer

I am a member if the AMA, which rejects the notion that it is a union but ensures that my wages and benefits are as high as possible. Only the Bar Association can compare in terms of power.

I work in a hospital where the nurses and technicians also have a union. Anybody who calls these dedicated people "lazy" is simply showing what an ignorant tool they are. They deserve a life of exploitation and disrespect.

History shows that most of the union organizing was done by veterans returning from the World Wars, and that it led to the golden age of the Eisenhower decade. It also shows that the multinationals caused the current Depression by moving those union jobs overseas while our governments sat back and let them.

I had to join the AMA, just as the nurses have to join their union. We are all better off for it, because the people who own the hospitals would pay us as little as they could without them. Solidarity forever!

• Bob

I work for a living, I don't need a union.

Because it is socialism at it's worst.

Employees are all paid the same regardless of their output.

Employees are laid off by seniority regardless of output.

Lousy employees are protected by the union even if they deserve discipline.

All of this creates an obnoxious atmosphere to work in if you take pride in your work.

Source(s): 30+ years in and around corporate unions.

If you could do better and be more protected out of a union you wouldn't join it. This doesn't happen in reality.

only 9% of American workers are in a union try to keep up they are going extinct.

the only reasons it would make sense not to join is if the union were blocking me from accepting any good work assignments.

I am a member of The Chicken Flickers Association.... We do not believe in giving our money away for nothing....especially now!

Unions are for lazy people. I'm not lazy.