Poll: How long does it take you to come up with a brilliant/clever reply?

Are you one of those people who have clever replies stored in your head just in case?

Update:

@ .

We've all been violated by trolls at some point in our Y!A careers. It's not really dependent on what kind of answer you give. It just depends on whether or not the reporter troll is in the mood for some

@SaiyanPrincess

I'll show you the world :)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Swoope
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It can sometimes take time or be immediate. On here, I've learned to have quick replies which hopefully are clever.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

For most of my life I had a problem with jerks interrupting me, so I memorized a lot of snappy one-liners that I could whip out before anyone could stop me. But I soon found that there was no point: the jerks were not trying to be snappier than I was, they were trying to say something so stupid that there wasn't any reply. Well, that's like wrestling with a pig, so I developed a new strategy: turn around and walk away. Jerks can't cope with that.

• 7 years ago

I found it takes a special talent. The people good at this usually post comments on stories, like Yahoo Odd News. Being a fish, I would have to go to "school" to learn that talent!

• FIIK
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I don't know yet, I'm still working on my first one, I'll get back to you when it finally hits me, the estimated time taken could be out by a year or two though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Depends on the question..

• Too long to be considered truly brilliant or clever. =/

• 7 years ago

It usually takes me until I'm lying in bed thinking about it that night.

• 7 years ago

I need a ride on the flying carpet first. :)

• 7 years ago

not that long...pretty quick...but it depends on what the question is...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.