Poll: How long does it take you to come up with a brilliant/clever reply?

Are you one of those people who have clever replies stored in your head just in case?

@ .

We've all been violated by trolls at some point in our Y!A careers. It's not really dependent on what kind of answer you give. It just depends on whether or not the reporter troll is in the mood for some

@SaiyanPrincess

I'll show you the world :)

• Swoope
    Favorite Answer

It can sometimes take time or be immediate. On here, I've learned to have quick replies which hopefully are clever.

For most of my life I had a problem with jerks interrupting me, so I memorized a lot of snappy one-liners that I could whip out before anyone could stop me. But I soon found that there was no point: the jerks were not trying to be snappier than I was, they were trying to say something so stupid that there wasn't any reply. Well, that's like wrestling with a pig, so I developed a new strategy: turn around and walk away. Jerks can't cope with that.

I found it takes a special talent. The people good at this usually post comments on stories, like Yahoo Odd News. Being a fish, I would have to go to "school" to learn that talent!

• FIIK

I don't know yet, I'm still working on my first one, I'll get back to you when it finally hits me, the estimated time taken could be out by a year or two though.

Depends on the question..

• Too long to be considered truly brilliant or clever. =/

It usually takes me until I'm lying in bed thinking about it that night.

I need a ride on the flying carpet first. :)

not that long...pretty quick...but it depends on what the question is...