Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

about god's view on perfection?

why is it that god says we must be perfect? perfection is not attainable while we are human and before Jesus comes back or we die (physically). we make mistakes. what angers me and pushes me away from god is this. "you do it or you go to hell.. there is no try" this leaves no room for error. this makes god look like Satan. how can that be? Satan says "you do it or you are a failure!: so that makes god look like Satan.. yes i believe in god. but i heard a lot of the meaning has be lost when translated from hebrew/greek.and this is part of it. there are quite a few things in the bible that pushes me away, and how some people preach too. what do i do?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Sin separates us from God. Whoever sins is a slave to sin. God wanting us to be perfect is for our benefit. He knows we've all failed, but by His grace through Jesus Christ we are saved. Rejoice in God's perfection!

John 8:10 Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”

Forever praise Lord Jesus Christ, The Father, The Holy Spirit, the one and only true Lord God Almighty, and bless all forever in His holy and righteous name :)

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

The sacrifice of Jesus Christ saved all of his children forever to include you. The Bible is perfect, and the best thing you can do is to meet with a Priest so you can start that friendship with Jesus Christ that will last forever. They will teach you how to reach that perfection if you want to climb the mountain with Jesus Christ that far.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Don't blame God for all of the nonsense that religion makes up about Her.

God is well aware that if you just subtract judgment it's all perfect.

It's religion that doesn't seem to be able to figure this out.

• Jim V
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

God is holy and only perfection can exist in the presence of holiness.

This is a perfection that we cannot attain in ourselves, we are perfected in and by Christ.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

if you define words in the bible back to the hebrew & greek , then you will know that the word Mature , or Maturity was used not Perfect.

good luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.