If the All-Star Game ends in a tie, who gets World Series home field advantage?

Favorite Answer

Here's the entire text in the Collective Bargaining Agreement about how World Series home field is determined by the All-Star Game:

"The World Series home field advantage shall be awarded each year to the team representing the League that prevails in that year’s All-Star Game."

There is nothing defined about what happens if the ASG results in a tie (or, in the event of dire and inclement weather, simply does not get played). The interpretation here is the game gets played to a result, or failing that, WS HFA is assigned by commissioner's decision. There is nothing spelled out in public documentation.

• Snid

I looked it up and it seems that they would try, at some point, to finish the game if it was suspended because of rain. They are now required (or asked) to hold back players so that they don't run out of players which has previously caused a tie.. It doesn't say what would happen if they weren't able to reschedule the game to finish it but my guess is they would award home field advantage to the league that didn't have it the previous World Series since it used to go back and forth.

Hopefully someone who really knows will answer because now I am curious, too.