stressed out and want to quit job after 1 week?

I just got a job at a fast food restaurant and i have been working for a week. I am 16 year old btw. I applied b/c i thought money was everything, at this age. Now i regret my decision, the job isnt to hard. Unfortunately, i have to work at least 1 closing shift on school days 5-12:30. It is stressing me out b/c i'm struggling to do my homework and study. I don't want my life at this point to be just work and study. I want to spend more time with family and friends, as i plan of going to university out of town. I wish i would have thought about my decision before i accepted the job. I informed my manager i want to quit, however, he is not letting me quit. I know i putting him in a tough position, but he hasnt given me an official schedule yet.

Favorite Answer

Life's tough, you can't have everything you want in it, you can't expect to work, get a good amount of money, have a social life, see family, and sleep well all at the same time, i don't want to sound mean but it just won't happen. It's like being given a list and someone saying you can only pick a certain amount. And yes it's very stressful having a job, but sometimes you just have to get used to it, you're 16, you don't NEED money right now, so i think having the job is the thing you can sacrifice, that's just my opinion, but you're going to need to cut one or two things out for now. Good luck.

Studies and family come first, young man.