stressed out and want to quit job after 1 week?

I just got a job at a fast food restaurant and i have been working for a week. I am 16 year old btw. I applied b/c i thought money was everything, at this age. Now i regret my decision, the job isnt to hard. Unfortunately, i have to work at least 1 closing shift on school days 5-12:30. It is stressing me out b/c i'm struggling to do my homework and study. I don't want my life at this point to be just work and study. I want to spend more time with family and friends, as i plan of going to university out of town. I wish i would have thought about my decision before i accepted the job. I informed my manager i want to quit, however, he is not letting me quit. I know i putting him in a tough position, but he hasnt given me an official schedule yet.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Life's tough, you can't have everything you want in it, you can't expect to work, get a good amount of money, have a social life, see family, and sleep well all at the same time, i don't want to sound mean but it just won't happen. It's like being given a list and someone saying you can only pick a certain amount. And yes it's very stressful having a job, but sometimes you just have to get used to it, you're 16, you don't NEED money right now, so i think having the job is the thing you can sacrifice, that's just my opinion, but you're going to need to cut one or two things out for now. Good luck.

• 7 years ago

Studies and family come first, young man.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.