Mac Demarco guitar sound?

What's the effect he's using on almost all of his song on the album 2? Is it like a flanger? Or chorus? I have a fender mustang 3 and I'd like to recreate his tone but I'm confused with the flanger and stuff.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I ran my guitar through an alesis microverb 4 rack unit into a fender vibrochamp. preset 37 is the chorus from cooking up something good. preset 44 is the flanger from freaking out the neighborhood. and preset 84 is the weird delay flange from ode to viceroy.

jah bless

Mac D

• 4 years ago

Perhaps it was not tuned well. And also maybe your fingers cant press down hard enough for the proper sound of the chords. Give yourself time. The callouses need to form, buy a tuner(you probably have one already) Get some private lessons. An expert can figure out the problem immdiately simply by watching you press down on the frets and the way you strum. Last but not the least, try to enjoy yourself. You will get better and better as the months go by.

• Login to reply the answers
  • pires
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Alesis Microverb

• 3 years ago

Alesis Microverb 4

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

It comes from a cheap guitar he uses :

http://indie88.com/10-things-you-might-not-know-ab...

• 4 years ago

you can use an ibanez chorus/flanger pedal, changing the "delay" button properly you will have the detunning strange sound

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.