Mac Demarco guitar sound?

What's the effect he's using on almost all of his song on the album 2? Is it like a flanger? Or chorus? I have a fender mustang 3 and I'd like to recreate his tone but I'm confused with the flanger and stuff.

Favorite Answer

I ran my guitar through an alesis microverb 4 rack unit into a fender vibrochamp. preset 37 is the chorus from cooking up something good. preset 44 is the flanger from freaking out the neighborhood. and preset 84 is the weird delay flange from ode to viceroy.

jah bless

Mac D

Perhaps it was not tuned well. And also maybe your fingers cant press down hard enough for the proper sound of the chords. Give yourself time. The callouses need to form, buy a tuner(you probably have one already) Get some private lessons. An expert can figure out the problem immdiately simply by watching you press down on the frets and the way you strum. Last but not the least, try to enjoy yourself. You will get better and better as the months go by.

• pires

Alesis Microverb

Alesis Microverb 4

It comes from a cheap guitar he uses :

http://indie88.com/10-things-you-might-not-know-ab...

you can use an ibanez chorus/flanger pedal, changing the "delay" button properly you will have the detunning strange sound