Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 7
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Is this Walker fulfilling his promise to the children of WI?

"Wisconsin was the only state other than Alabama to cut spending by more than $1,000 per student. To balance the budget, school districts have been forced to close schools and lay off employees."

Update:

@Claudia - if teaching is such an easy gig, why don't you go to college, pass the classes, pass the state licensing tests and become a teacher. Could it be the low pay, the hours of prep time, the paper grading, the insolent students, the ungrateful parents, the physical threat that comes with the job, the overbearing administrators? You know nothing about teaching. But if you think you do - sub. LMAO at the thought.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Typical of republicans, anti education

• 7 years ago

Are you saying that children are being denied education, or that they'll have to go elsewhere to get it? If the latter, I, as one who grew up in wartime England, had to change both schools and parents six times between the ages of 6 and 9. The fact that I can occasionally compose a proper sentence suggests that I had good teachers wherever I was. Alas, that can no longer be said.

• ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

The school year is 163 days long. Teachers get 5 personal days and 5 sick days; therefore they work for 153 days/year. A High School teacher has five (5) 45 minite classes + two (2) 10 minute "home room"s or a "work day" of 245 minutes. Thus they "work" for 153 * 245 / 60 hrs per year = 624.75 hrs. - The average Wisconsin teacher makes $ 47,000 .. or .. $ 75.23 / hr (plus job security for life and retirement benefits) ... Not bad for a part time job.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Sucks. Maybe the democrat law makers should do something about it. Republican governors do the best they can with what they got. In your state democrats make the laws and republicans enforce them. How is this Walkers fault?

Wait wait wait. According to President Obama, executive action trumps law. So it is Walkers fault because he didn't take executive action to fix things. Screw the budget.

New Zealand sucks. The only reason you are still a country is because you have no resources to conquer and you have pretty landscape. Don't insult people from a country that is better than you.

"United States" means each state has autonomy to do what they like and are each responsible for certain rights like education. You growing up in a country smaller than our median sized state, doesn't get how a large country has many different people who believe different things and don't like it when people tell them what to do. You are ignorant and elitist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Only in America! In New Zealand Central Government funds all the nations schools and the schools are funded from the central governments tax take.

Sounds rather draconian to me and the children of WI are being short changed. How can they compete with the rest of the nation if all UNITED States of America schools don't get equal funding from central government.

• 7 years ago

Yes, he wants them to be the dumbest conservatives in the US.

• Chuck
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Can't spend money you don't have, unless you're a democrat.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.