Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How dose child support and family maitness work?

The father of my unborn son is refusing to help pay for things the baby will need he was layer off in December 18 for two weeks due to trucks not going out then was asked to come back to work and he said I don't want to work any more so I'm wanting to know how it all work with family maitness what's going to happen will I be able to get any money from him to raise this baby even tho he is not working ? Please help I'm being induced on Wednesday morning to have the baby and am really stressed out about the money part

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you take him to court for child support, the judge will make him pay you a certain amount so he will be forced to get a job. And if he doesn't pay he will get in a lot of trouble.

    There are also a lot of government programs that can help you out. Wic is a great organization that gives mother's baby formula, diapers, and food. You could also get on food stamps until you are able to work. Some states even have programs where you can get big discounts on daycare so that you can get a job.

    But you should definitely take this guy to court. He has responsibilities that he isn't taking care of. And you should file with the court as soon as possible because it could take a while to get a court date. And it does take time to get food stamps so if you do need them, you should sign up right away. I'm not sure how long it takes to get help from Wic. You should also google this and see what other government programs they have in your state to help new mothers.

    By the way, there are a lot of places that will let you have a free consultants with a lawyer so you should really look into that. A lawyer will have all of the information that you need because I'm not sure if the laws are exactly the same in Canada. You should go see a lawyer on Tuesday because you probably won't have time to do it after the baby comes. You should also look into any government programs and sign up for them this weekend so that you can get assistance as soon as possible.

    Good luck!

  • ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

    if he has no income then he cannot contribute. Put the baby up for adoption and it will go to a family able to support it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.