Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 6 years ago

Weird I never wear socks?

I am a college student, go to school full time and live at home. I dress pretty simply, I wear wrangler Carpenter jeans with the openings frayed or cargo khaki shorts if its warm, wear a t-shirt, polo, or hoodie. For shoes I mostly wear Sebago docksides boat shoes so I usually wear them without socks, even when its kinda cold out. Up until the last month I can honestly say I have gone weeks without putting socks on. Is this weird or bad for my feet?

• Jason
    Favorite Answer

There is nothing wrong with going sockless. I never wear socks myself. It has been about 15 years since I last wore socks and I have not had a single foot problem. Sure, there is odor that you have to deal with, but that is super easy to fix. Put your shoes in a bag and then put them in the freezer overnight. That will kill the bacteria that cause the smell. You can also use a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol or peroxide to scrub the insoles clean if they smell and have any buildup of dirt and dead skin.

It's not weird at all, and I'd say going sockless is good for your feet since socks make your feet sweat and itch and could make your shoes not fit as well.

• icnu

Just a personal preference, I rarely wear socks either (only with certain types of trekking shoes that I rarely need).

Leave away the shoes as well and it becomes somewhat noteworthy, maybe. Or even cool.

No it is not weird, I also almost never wear socks in my sneakers, been doing that for over 30 years

Yes it is bad. Ur feet will stink