Anonymous

Could I have a bipolar disorder?

I'm not sure, I'm just wondering, it's just I seem to have all the symptoms:

Feeling unusually “high” and optimistic OR extremely irritable- Definitely. More irritable though, when I get annoyed I get really annoyed like I feel mad at everyone and it takes me a while to calm down.

Unrealistic, grandiose beliefs about one’s abilities or powers- About mine, yes.

Sleeping very little, but feeling extremely energetic- Yeah, ik most people can but I can go to bed at 12 and get up at 6am and still feel normal and not get tired like I used to when I was younger.

Talking so rapidly that others can’t keep up- lol yes I do sometimes.

Racing thoughts; jumping quickly from one idea to the next- all the time. I change things straight away.

Highly distractible, unable to concentrate- in class I tend to talk to my friends and sometimes myself...

Impaired judgment and impulsiveness- sometimes, it's embarrassing later on.

Acting recklessly without thinking about the consequences- yes, it's a pain in the neck and i always regret what i did.

Delusions and hallucinations (in severe cases) thankfully no.

Depressed side of the disorder. I get easily depressed. By easily, I mean really easily. When I broke my computer I started cutting, thinking up suicidal thoughts and everything.

Feeling hopeless, sad, or empty- Definitely.

Irritability- Yes.

Inability to experience pleasure- Well by pleasure, no I don't have sex. When the incident with my computer happened I didn't tell my mum, I had to hold it all in. It was a huge lump inside me. When mum gave me my birthday present and made me all my favourite meals that week I had to put on a false smile each time. I couldn't find anything that made me happy that whole time, all I wanted was to tell.

Fatigue or loss of energy- When it happened I stayed up all night messaging my friend who was leaving and writing in my diary. I stayed up late as but felt tired then. Unlike now...

Physical and mental sluggishness- yes.

Appetite or weight changes- At the time i didn't feel i deserved anything (self loathing period) so i didn't eat any of my favourite foods.

Sleep problems- stayed up late and was always so sleepy in the morning.

Concentration and memory problems- not memory problems, but concentration problems for sure. When I'm depressed all I can think about is what I've done and how it could have been prevented.

Feelings of worthlessness or guilt- Well yea.

Thoughts of death or suicide- Thoughts of suicide many times and once planned it, thankfully didn't go through. I realized how selfish I'd be doing that.

Ik you probably think I'm overreacting but I studied it and everything. I want to know what's wrong with me. I'm only asking on here because I've NEVER discussed this with anyone else, I don't want to, especially with mum or dad. Can anyone please tell me?

Favorite Answer

No I don't think so. I think you are taking all those questions out of context anyway. I have bipolar and have been around others with bipolar disorder in the hospital. Most of the time we do things out of our anger, we normally don't regret it. Most times I don't even believe, remember what I did. Or I think its justified. (like pushing an entire shelf over)

You may be depressed, I don't know. But there is a huge difference between bipolar depression and chronic depression or even situational depression.

You seems not have enough sleep, that can get you delirious. Perhaps thyroid problem so you need to see a doctor and check on things.

• Are you a teenager? That's what's wrong, if that is the case.