Jos A Banks Suit Quality?

I feel like I just made a huge mistake when purchasing my fiancé's suit for the wedding… the suit is a gift to him for valentine's day so he didn't get to consult on it. I was looking on eBay and seen a regular $950 marked down to $100 and the seller had great reviews on every suit purchase... show more I feel like I just made a huge mistake when purchasing my fiancé's suit for the wedding… the suit is a gift to him for valentine's day so he didn't get to consult on it.

I was looking on eBay and seen a regular $950 marked down to $100 and the seller had great reviews on every suit purchase (thousands of reviews) so I jumped to purchase it. With shipping and tax it came up to $170 which is $30 under budget for the suit. I couldn't find any locally for anywhere near that price, it costs $300 for just a jacket and he wears a 52 jacket so it is difficult to find his size.

I shared this with a wedding forum and they jumped on me saying that they have horrible quality suits and young people shouldn't even wear suits like that… so I did more research online. I realize that they mark up their suits more than they should so their discounts look impressive so I didn't get an amazing steal, but I think I did pretty good to get a full suit for $170. I also read that they apparently only are good for larger men (which he is) but that they need a lot of tailoring to look half decent…

Any feedback or experience with these suits would be great because I really feel stupid for jumping on it.
Update: As above - it is from eBay and he doesn't even know its coming.

He did try other kinds of suits at our mall and that was how we figured out he needed a 52 jacket. Regardless, as long as it fits and looks half decent I don't see how you could argue with $170.