Why do cellphones need to have a big screen? Can't I get one without that?

I've never had a cellphone before but I'm thinking of getting one. However the reason I want a cellphone is so that people can call me when I'm not at home if they REALLY REALLY need to. I don't need to take pictures, play games, access the internet or text with a phone. Are there any phones out there that don't have a huge computer-like screen and have real buttons? A small display screen is okay but I don't need a touch screen. It also should be something that isn't gigantic or that will stick out like a sore thumb. Yes I know I sound like a grumpy old lady (I'm 20) but it's just what I would prefer if it exists. Thanks for any info!

Best Answer

I got my Samsung Trender about two years ago, and I guess they still make them. It has the ability to call and text and take (bad) pictures and use the internet, but you can just turn the internet off and never use the texting feature, or the camera.

Samsung has a few here (not sure if you can purchase these phones from Samsung's website):

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-p...

My advice is to look at the Moto G. It's not that large of phone and it retails for $179 without a contract. This phone has received many great reviews and you should definitely check it out.

Or if you can wait Asus will be releasing a new phone called the Zenfone. The Zenfone 4 is a basic smartphone and the best part about it is the phone cost $100 without a contract.

U should get a blackberry cheap and they still make them