Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 6 years ago

Will the AFC East be a sorry division still next year?

Or is one of these teams gonna step up such as the Jets, Dolphins, or Bills to finally give New England a serious threat in that division?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Finch
    Lv 5
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Unless the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins score big in free agency and the draft, yes.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • No
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

Unfortunately it will probably be another sorry year for the division, and another easy division title for the Pats. It's too bad because New England is ripe for the picking.

Jets: I'm not feeling Geno Smith. Just not much to get excited about. Roster looks like its built to be an 8-8 team...which means Rex Ryan has succeeded getting the most out of the players he has. Im not a Rex Ryan fan, but 8-8 isn't shabby with that team

Dolphins: I think many people are thinking they are on the upswing. Obviously they had a tough situation with Incognito. But I think Tannehill is going to be a QB that one quarter gets you excited, then has you pulling your hair out the next. Almost 4,000 yds ad 24 Td's, but its the 17 INT's, 9 fumbles, and 58 sacks that hurt. Tough when Brian Hartline leads team in receiving yards. But they ended the season awful. They were in a position to make the playoffs the final 2 weeks...they lost to Buffalo 19-0 then lost to the Jets 20-7. They were thoroughly whipped in both games with so much on the line....by bad teams

Buffalo: On paper they aren't that bad besides QB. Decent running game, decent WR's, defense was tough against pass....and sacking QB...they just need to figure out how to stop run. And they should have home field advantage if they got decent. Buffalo is a tough place to win. It's just some tweeks....but they own the longest current playoff drought in the NFL at 14 seasons..so Im not getting my hopes up.

• 6 years ago

no it's New England's division until Belichick/Brady leaves.

• 6 years ago

Nah, they're good where they're at.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.