why do many conservatives claim Cannabis is a "gateway drug" while ignoring prescription drugs ?

How many times have you heard a person going from adderal to meth?

how many times have you heard a person going from percocet to heroin?

how many times have you heard a person going from xanax to Quaaludes?

why do republicans blame cannabis for harder drug use?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Turtle
    Lv 5
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think the gateway is more in the trafficking infrastructure. People who have avenues to marijuana usually also have contacts to suppliers of other drugs. I cannot find heroin somewhere after someone I know getting prescription drugs for me at Walgreens. However I do believe drugs should be legal-just as they were made in Portugal with a successful model coming from the experiment.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Mike W
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

It's rather convenient to blame all the woes in the world on conservatives. Prop 19 was defeated by liberals in California. It's not just conservatives who call cannabis a gateway drug, is if there is such a thing.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I don't use any of them. I once knew a girl and a guy who were on the same page together all of the time. They used to say things like "Freddy pours a good one." I wonder if you get the idea. They didn't need the rest of the conversation because their conscience and subconscience were both always on the subject.

• 6 years ago

Because it pretty much is. How many teenagers start out doing adderal, percocet or xanax? They don't, they start on pot and alcohol.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • bil
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

There is nothing than can be done for a liberal that worries about what "many conservatives" claim...Of course "many conservatives" worry about "weird control freak fantasies" that Democrat pols will come up with next...Because the Department of Education did not "hold them" for very long..And who knows what they will "come up with" to make us forget THE AFFORDABLE HEATH CARE ACT

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Uh oh! That means my doctor is a drug pimp. Got to watch those anti-rejection meds baby.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Weed is a gateway drug. Sorry

• 6 years ago

Dope smoking Cannabis junkies have no life and they have no willpower

• 6 years ago

I believe most people are perpetrating a fraud around here. They say one thing and mean the opposite.

• Bob
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

Just smoke your pot

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.