Give in my two weeks notice. Should I go to my remaining shifts?

I gave in my two weeks notice on Monday. My last day is supposed to be feb 2 (I wrote that on my resignation letter). anyways, I have three remaining shifts next week and I really, really don't want to go. Like I can't stand it. What would the consequences be if I didn't show up without informing my manager? I'm 17 and work at a retail store in a mall. It was a part time sales associate position.

Favorite Answer

Please, please - finish the last 3 shifts.

My son left a job for another job (which turned out to be a job from hell) and did not give his other company the required 2 weeks notice. Becasue of that ( not giving the 2 weeks notice) he cannot get back with them until April.

The job from hell is that the owner of the other company that he worded for has not paid him for 110 hours.

Just stick it out - this will look good on your resume in the future. Plus if you just do not bother to come in for those last 3 shifts, and they call for a reference, you will not get a good reference!!!!!!!!

Source(s): older and wiser.

I'm actually surprised that they bothered scheduling you in the first place after you gave them notice. With that being said, I would stick it out and work the remaining shifts. You always want to leave a job on a positive note and be able to use them as a reference, especially at a younger age when you have very little work experience.

I would contact Human Resources of the company.