Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 7 years ago

Isn't the main reason for voter ID laws to keep people from voting?

The Pennsylvania GOP administration was dumb enough to admit it.

The fishy part is that normal IDs, like a passport or a military ID, don't count. You have to jhave a SPECIAL ID, which only Republicans can get easily.

Favorite Answer

Obviously the law is to keep people from voting. I don't think reasonable limitations are a bad thing. No IQ tests or anything like that, but i do think a valid form of ID should be a prerequisite of voting. You can't even get a job without a social security number and a drivers license at most companies.

• If you don't have ID WHY should you be allowed to vote? I guess I shouldn't have to show ID before exercising my right to buy a gun then right?

"The fishy part is that normal IDs, like a passport or a military ID, don't count. You have to jhave a SPECIAL ID, which only Republicans can get easily."

Really? Care to prove it? Keep saying this, it's your one way ticket to a mental hospital.....

Yes seeing as how a law abiding citizen has a hard time getting one.

Yes, and the conservatives have readily admitted to that.