Need a special occasion restaurant in Buffalo, NY?

I need some suggestions for a special occasion restaurant in Buffalo, NY. My kid will be graduating from grad school in SUNY Buffalo this year, and I want to take the family out for a wonderful luncheon. The graduation is from 5-7:30 with a reception following, so we'll probably want to make lunch reservations for 2:00. This kid is a frustrated gourmand, and will definitely pay attention to the food. Somehow the Cheesecake Factory or P.F. Chang's isn't going to cut it for this occasion.

Hope someone can give me suggestions!

• Kim R
    Favorite Answer

Check Yelp or Trip Advisor for ratings of restaurants in that area. I use Trip Advisor often when I travel, and there is lots of good advice on that website.

Being from Buffalo I can offer a few suggestions:

Mike A in the hotel Lafayette downtown has an incredible lunch, not to mention he's one of the best chefs in the city. The menu is a fixed price at 12.95 which offers a limited rotating selection for lunch. There are always some great options like one of the best burgers in the city, cous cous, pastas, salads, etc. The price also includes a cup of homemade soup (all of which are fantastic especially the chili) and a beverage. Formal atmosphere plus the renovated hotel Lafayette is gorgeous!

Sea Bar is another of Chef Mike A's restaurants that offers outstanding food, especially for sushi lovers, however if you're not adventurous enough for sushi there are plenty of other options.

The Lodge is a new restaurant as of 2013 which has a beautiful interior, incredible cocktails and amazing food. A great spot for a party, lunch, dinner, or late night cocktails. Try the chicken and waffle sandwich or the porkchop, truly a great dining experience.

hope these help, they're three of my favs!

Source(s): buffalo residency
  • Jeff S

Disclamer: I've never been to Buffalo.

Someone mentioned Yelp as a resource.

For fine dining, I prefer OpenTable

http://www.opentable.com/ny/buffalo-restaurants

They list restaurants (throughout many parts of the US) that take reservations.

Congratulations to your kid and good luck finding a great place!

• Rene

I have been gone from there for some time but I remember the Park Lane on Gates Circle and of course the home of the Buffalo wing at the Anchor bar. I am sure your son will know of a great spot if he has been there a while.

Hi if you want some list of restaurants at buffalo visit the link below.

You can get a discount also.

mcdonalds

SNFJFSDN