Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 6 years ago

What type of skateboard should I get?

I had a skateboard and it snapped got another from idek walmart or Costco idk it okay. The wheels were soooo smooth and really fast and it has a red lighting sign in the middle of my bored. It was amazing asf. Until RAIn went on the bored and it started ripping and it's just a mess

I don't really like doing tricks It takes to much time i just wanna ride. It's so fun riding down hills and stuff

But every time I stop skateboarding it sucks cuz I have to start slow again

I can ride really fast I just need to be reminding like two hours I will be good as new

INEED a new board. I was thinking about a 7.75 plan B Torey pudwill with soft wheels that are 54-60mml soft wheels

I wanna get back into skateboarding and I just want a cruising type of bored not those other long boards

I want a skateboard with soft wheels

I just wanna know exactly what type of board to get cuz I might into tricks later on

But first is going to my local skate shop asking for

Goal: skateboard

Type: 7.75 torey pudwill board

Wheel type: 54-60mml soft wheels

Would that make any sense

I don't wanna sound stupid

I wanna go in there and ACTAULLY know what I'm talking bout

So help ASAP

Best Answer

I'll try to help you out.

Deck- the only thing that really matters is the width. If you want to do technical stuff (street, tricks) get a width of between 7.6 and 8 inches. If you're leaning towards vert, bowl, or just cruising around, you can afford to go wider than 8 inches.

Shoes- you have two options. Vulcanized or Cupsole. Vulcanized shoes have a thinner, rubber sole that allows for very good board feel at the cost of padding. Vulcan are good for technical skating. Cupsole shoes have much less board feel and much more padding. So if you think you want to ollie off of stairs, or just don't want to hurt your feet, get cup soles.

Griptape- just make sure the sheet is big enough for your deck

Riser/shock pads- these are inserts that go in between the bottom of your deck and the baseplate of your trucks. They are optional. They raise your board off the ground to prevent wheelebite and reduce pressure cracks on your deck.

Trucks- should be the same axle width of your deck. Many come in Hi-Mid-Lo options. It's completely a preference thing.

Hardware- if you have riser pads then go for hardware longer than an inch

Wheels- measured in 2 ways. Durometer and diameter. Durometer is how hard your wheels are. They are measured on the "a" scale. The lower the number the softer the wheel. 70a is a very soft wheel and 100a is a very hard wheel. A harder wheel will: Allow you to roll much faster than a softer wheel, but makes for a very bumpy ride. Harder wheels also last longer than softer ones. Diameter is how big your wheels are. The bigger the wheel is, the faster you go.

Bearings: rated in many different ways. Most often rated on the ABEC scale. Abec3 is the worst quality and Abec9 is the best.

I would not recommend buying a complete as you do not get to decide your personal preferences.

My setup: ZooYork 7.75 inch deck, Mob griptape, Element 1/8 inch shock pads, Royal 7.75 inch Lo trucks, 1.25 inch hardware, Ricta Naturals 55mm 99a wheels, Bones REDS bearings. I skate Etnies cupsole shoes.