What is the difference between Tenchi Ryo-Ohki,Tenchi Universe, Tenchi in Tokyo & Tenchi GXP?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I have seen all of them, and here's what I know.

Tenchi Muyo! (Ovas): It's the first show, where Tenchi has a harem of different ladies. They all hang out, fight one evil dude, then the show ends with a 45 minute special. And that's that. However the show is really fun.

Tenchi Universe: Same show re-told, but this time there is one new girl, and near the end they all travel the universe after being framed, and fight bad guys.

Tenchi In Tokyo: A spin off, with a slightly different art style (Cartoonish hands), and different location. Tenchi is away from home, and his harem in Tokyo. He meets a girl, slowly falls in love but his harem of ladies keep showing up in Tokyo too. There are a few super powered villains too. And all of this makes things more chaotic, thank goodness.

Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki: A continuation of the first show (The ova series). Except honestly this is the worst out of all of the Tenchi shows. This continuation lasts 7 episodes, and basically the characters end up doing nothing the entire time. It tries too hard to go through 3 different story arcs at a fast pace, and because of that this show looks like it's sloppy, and poorly done. Ya, the script for this show is so bad that a 3rd grader can make an even better one. Honestly. The art style is great, but stay away from this piece of crap anyway, please. It's a huge waste of time.

Tenchi GXP: Ya, you guessed it. Another spin off. However, this time Tenchi isn't the main guy. It's a moron named Seina who's the main guy (He literally is a moron). Tenchi, and some of his girls make an appearance a few times. There are new girls here too. But this show is just as bad as Ryo-Ohki. And some of the girls are badly designed. So stay away from this show too......

Tenchi Muyo War On Geminar: Another spin off (F*** it, they're all spin offs) where this time there are mech suits, more different girls, and 45 minute long episodes. This show is probably the most epic out of all of them because it is entirely different, and more action packed. But they sure do talk a lot.

In conclusion: Watch the 1st Tenchi Muyo (It's my favorite), and Geminar. If you like ether of them then consider watching Universe, and Tokyo. I'll repeat again, stay away from GXP, and Ryo-ohki since they're really bad.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Tenchi Muyo In Tokyo

• Bill
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

The original series (I think) was Tenchi Muyo. The others are sequels and spinoffs. GXP was on Toonami last year, and the character Tenchi only had a cameo in one episode. The series was about Tenchi's friend Seina who joined the Galaxy Police.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.