Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 6 years ago

is fresh water that come from your kitchen tap?

Best Answer

The water that comes from your kitchen tap is freshwater. However, it has to be conditioned before it can be used in an aquarium. Tap water contains chlorine and/or chloramine, either or both of which needs to be neutralized with some type of water conditioner before it is safe for use in the aquarium.

• Gary C

My kitchen tap yields fresh water.

Yours probably does, but I've never been to your house, so I'm not sure.

As the others said, you need something (from the pet shop) to remove chlorine/chloramine before you use that tap water in your aquarium.

While the water that comes from your tap is fresh water, it is laced with various minerals and various chemicals. You can find various things at pet store that will make it safe to use. Another option is to check local fish stores and ask if they possibly have a "Reverse Osmosis" machine. Or RO water for short. Reverse Osmosis is a form of water purification, and some purely fish related stores have their own, and may be willing to sell you water for cheap (I know the last pet store I worked at received one second hand and we used it for everything, and sold it for only .50 cents a gallon). You just need to call and ask, and if they do, bring your own gallon jugs or drums to fill up.

yes.... using it for fish. ABSOLUTELY NOT