I withdrew some of my IRA last year. Do I have to use any special IRS forms?

(I'm in the U.S.)

2 Answers

  • Bobbie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    1040 for the 2013 tax year to use the information from the 1099-R that you should receive from the payer of the IRA taxable distribution amount on the 1040 page 1 line 15a and 15b for that time and purpose in your life and if you are under age of 59 1/2 for the 10% early withdrawal penalty amount the 1040 page 2 line 58 Additional tax on IRA and other benefits plans 58 $$$ amount at that time during the 2014 tax filing season for your 2013 1040 FIT return.

    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 01/31/2014

  • 7 years ago

    You can't use a 1040EZ.

    You have to use a 1040A or 1040 (long form).

    If you qualify for one of the exceptions to the penalty, you need to use Form 5329.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.