What is better? Android vs. iOS?

Looking to switch from iOS to Android. What are all the reasons not to? Hated the fact that the iOS slows down the phone and forces you to buy a new one.

Looking forward to the better camera and such.

Help!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I've used both Android and iOS extensively. In the past year, I've owned the Galaxy S2, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Moto X (android), iPhone 5c (current).

Android Pros:

1. Customization. There are many themes and "icon packs" in the Android Market that can alter the look of your device. These are mostly all cosmetic and don't change the function of the app. Most of them only change the icons and not the look of the app itself. There are even "Launchers" on the android market that replace the interface of your android. Each one has it's own icon customization, themes, features

----note:---- with a jailbroken iPhone, you can customize the UI just as much as you can an Android, and even more now, with the ability to change the color scheme of the notification center, control center, keyboard, and flipswitches.

2. Apps can access things such as your text message database. This means that if you don't like the stock text messaging app, you can download a third party one from the android market and it will import all your text messages to that app.

---note:--- with a jailbroken phone, there are a couple apps that will also allow you to do this.

3. Widgets.

The android has the ability to add widgets to your home screen. These widgets can be dynamic and interactive. There are many widgets for many variety of functions (weather, calendar, email, music, ext).

4. Google

If you love google, you'll love android. It has access to many google apps that the iPhone doesn't have. By default, most apps are google apps ("Hangouts" for texting, Chrome browser, Google Calendar, ext.).

5. App drawer.

This is basically where all your apps are stored. Instead of having every single app in your home screens, you'll have just the apps you choose, and the rest will be in a drawer that you can easily access. It's super easy to put apps from your drawer to your home screen. This makes it so that you don't have a cluttered home screen(s).

Android Cons:

1. Their app market is sub-par. There's less variety of polished apps. Most look outdated and aesthetically unpleasing. The most well-polished apps you will see are for major apps.

2. Updates. There will be updates on the Android OS, but you might not ever get it on your specific phone, and if you do, you might have to wait months.

That's all I can think of. I honestly did not enjoy the Android after 3 months of using it. With a jailbroken iPhone, I can do just as much as the android, and now even more with ios 7. I don't use widgets, so I won't miss that.

• 6 years ago

It really comes down to personal preference. Both are great choices. This article might give you some more insight.

Hope that helps.

• 6 years ago

Well that depends on you only....if you want to customize your phone frequently then go for android LG G2,note 3,nexus 5 are some of the beast in that bracket......on the contrary if you want simplicity and not that much into customization and whatnot then definitely go for iphone(of course you can jailbreak it if you want to customize in future)

Well that depends on you only....if you want to customize your phone frequently then go for android LG G2,note 3,nexus 5 are some of the beast in that bracket......on the contrary if you want simplicity and not that much into customization and whatnot then definitely go for iphone(of course you can jailbreak it if you want to customize in future)

If you are choosing iphone and price is no bar go for iphone 5s only as its touch ID feature only is standout....

Source(s): I have a thing for gadgets :P
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.