FTM name choosing... Mitchell, Kolby, Kyle?

Im thinking Kolby or Kyle... I want my name to start with K and preferred to have TWO syllabels because thats how my mom named me and my siblings. I prefer a more common name. Im looking for others opinions. I have come out as trans to two of my close friends... not my parents. I prefer to be called by male pronouns.

Favorite Answer

Like esmerelda said. You want to make sure that you will still be happy with the name in 10, 15, 20 years.

When I was picking a name for myself. I asked some close friends and family to just call me by that name for a couple months. If i didn't like it I moved on. Eventually after a pattern of 2 months for a year I came across the name "Asher" and fell in love with it. A year later I had my name legally changed to it.

As for the names you chose. I like "Kyle" very much. I think it is a very nice name. "Kolby" seems a little weird to me. But honestly it is up to you.

I would involve your mom and/or dad in this. (Back to me) I included my parents in it and they were happy. Because I am their son and they should have the right to name me. But this time with my advice.

If you decide to not include them in the process at least make sure they like the name.

In the end, it is completely your choice. And no one can make that choice but you.

Good luck, Asher

Source(s): me-ftm

Think about who you will be when you're 40. "Mitchell" is a good solid name. "Kolby" looks faddish, "Kyle" is an awfully common name and you're better off sticking with a proper "C" spelling. If you go with "Kolby" or even "Colby," remember that it is the name of a very popular cheese...

I personally like "Kirk" (Star Trek, so sue me) and Kevin.

Check out what a name means before you adopt it.

Good luck with your transition.

I like Kyle

sounds like a good strong name

Source(s): ..