Why do people even like Nickelback?

What's so great about them? Every one of their songs sounds exactly like their last song.

Every one of their songs is about sex.

REAL musicians sing about MULTIPLE SUBJECTS, not the same thing over and over again

....Yeah, the best band in the world...

IF YOU LOVE MEDIOCRITY

Why do people even like the Big Bang Theory?

Yea, the best show in the world

IF YOU LOVE MEDIOCRITY

I'm not even a fan of theirs but.....you don't know what you're talking about.

"Every one of their songs sounds exactly like their last song."

No, they really don't.

"Every one of their songs is about sex."

No, they aren't.

"REAL musicians sing about MULTIPLE SUBJECTS, not the same thing over and over again"

And real music critics listen to a wider range of a group's material before forming an opinion about them. Your rant here tells me you've listened to fewer than 10 of Nickelback's songs, most likely just their most popular songs that get a lot of radio play.

My wife is a fan of their stuff, and I'm a musician myself. Since I've heard more than a handful of their songs and I know a thing or two about actually playing music myself, I can tell you with 100% certainty that you have hopped on the Nickel-hate bandwagon without having the slightest idea what you'e talking about.

If you're going to present something as a fact, make sure it actually IS a fact, or you're just going to look like an idiot.

Where have you been the past 10 years?

@Emerald - a lot of people hate those bands too though. I agree with you that a lot of hate towards Nickelback is just bandwagonning, but some of your logic doesn't make sense to me.

nah son they're no more generic than most other bands

they just get hate because people love to hate them u know

it's a crowd psychology thing

I admire that first brave pioneer who first set out to ascertain the slickness of owl sshitt.

Or first endeavored to check the temperature of a witch's titt

But to actually sit and listen to Nickelback takes a very brave soul

because lastfm's 'similarity' algorithms are infallible!

and even if they weren't, liking one band does not always equate to liking a 'similar' one

examples:

love porcupine tree, hate radiohead

love system of a down, hate deftones

love marillion, hate genesis

i could go on. pointless, as your ridiculous deluded agenda will prevent you from listening

• Opiner

Well, I *would* listen to them, but since they're Canadian, HELL TO THE NO.

Cause I'm a Murican and i want them to FAIL!!!

Source(s): DOWN WITH ALL CANADIAN MUSICIANS! THEY SHOULD BE EXPUNGED FROM THE EARTH! WIPED OUT!! ALL EVIDENCE OF THEM ERASED!! FOR ***ETERNITY*** !!!!
  • I actually do like them. Why? The music is mellow, it's laid back, I like the mix of rock with acoustic guitars, Chad's voice is original. I don't take the band too seriously but I do enjoy them. I don't care that the songs sound similar.

@Emerald

Quit your annoying spamming; I dislike most of those bands too.

Why do people like any band? Maybe it's because they enjoy their music.