Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMobile Phones & Plans · 6 years ago

if I flash my phone, will I have to explain it to Verizon?

Right my phone is locked with android 2.3 gingerbread and i wish to update to jellybean or kitkat

I don't understand how service providers can get away with policing a device which is owned by the person who purchased it. why they think they have the right to be the administrator of your device angers me. is an Android supposed to be an open-source operating system?

Favorite Answer

"Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device. By activating Service that uses a SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card, you agree we own the intellectual property and software in the SIM card, that we may change the software or other data in the SIM card remotely and without notice, and we may utilize any capacity in the SIM card for administrative, network, business and/or commercial purposes." That's on the vzw webpage, so they have permission to do whatever they want to with a Verizon device. It's in the customer agreement.