why is jesus considered God himself?

if he is God that means he is the God of the mount Sinai that moses saw?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

In his life he never said so and the teachings of Christ is contrary to this as well.

(JESUS') POWER NOT HIS OWN:

(a) "And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is

GIVEN unto me in heaven and in earth." MATTHEW 28:18

(b) I can of mine own self DO NOTHING: as I hear, I judge . . ."

JOHN 5:30

(c) ". . . I by the FINGER OF GOD cast out devils . . ." LUKE 11:20

(d) "And Jesus lifted up his eyes (towards heaven), and said,

Father, I thank thee that THOU HAST HEARD ME.

"And I know that THOU HEAREST ME ALWAYS: but

because of the people which stand by l said (my supplication

aloud), that THEY MAY BELIEVE that thou hast sent me.

"And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice,

Lazarus, come forth.

"And he that was dead came forth . . ." JOHN 11:41-43

• Pancho

Nowhere in the Bible did Jesus ever claim to be God, so the point is mute. Christians want Jesus to be God but that doesn't mean that He is. No, Moses didn't see Jesus. Moses saw God ... they're not the same, regardless of how many people believe otherwise ...

It certainly doesn't mean that. The God of mount Sinai demanded many things the 1 true God doesn't.

This leaves us 2 good options. Either this god wasn't God at all or His teachings were changed by dishonest scribes just as Jeremiah 8:8 says they were.

As the Old Testament clearly shows the Israelites worshipped many false gods throughout their history.

The prophecy concerning Jesus in the old testament: Isaiah 6:9 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Do you see the names for Jesus in this verse? He isn't just some man but he is The might God, The everlasting Father. He said to the Jews "before Abraham was, I am." Not I was, but I AM. Just like what God told Moses in the old testament ".. say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you." Jesus himself in John 8:58 claimed to be the I am. So if anyone says that Jesus did not claim to be God then they're either ignorant or just willingly denying this scripture and others that tell us that he was. Also read John 1 for yourself. It tells you that Jesus is God. John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Thomas knew and called Jesus God and Jesus did not rebuke him. For he is.

It simply means that the true nature of God is as Trinity. Jesus is not God to the exclusion of two other coequal Persons. Jesus is God only as the second Person of the Trinity; namely, as a Son who has the same uncreated Divine Nature of His Father. One God, as Trinity, is the God of the Mount Sinai that Moses saw.

Jesus is considered God by some religions called Christian because of traditional teachings passed down from the 3rd and 4th centuries. These so-called Christians were members that deviated from the teachings of Christ and formed their own versions of Christianity after the death of the apostles. They mixed pagan beliefs with that of the Bible, which is interfaith condemned by God, teaching that Jesus was the same as God. This is not a Bible teaching. Jesus is the only-begotten Son of God. God's name is Jehovah in English and Yahweh in Hebrew. It was Jehovah God that sent his only-begotten Son to earth to be born and named Jesus who came to be the Christ.

Jesus is A god (small g) not the God (cap G) and no part of any trinity..to say He is is laughable..another old wives tale.

Jesus knew exactly what He was doing when He said "I and my Father are one". He knew that would cause controversy, He did it on purpose..He knew the outcome of every word he spoke 2000 years in advance and how those words would affect beliefs.

Jesus does not say that he is God. He tries to speak that God and Jesus are in unity. As a creation Jesus can't show the creator then he showed himself as the evidence of God by his miracle birth from the Virgin mother.

Well, no. Moses never saw God on Mount Sinai.

However, please remember that opinions about the nature of Jesus differ greatly. Very greatly.

Generalizing about this stuff is not going to help anyone.

Jesus was nothing but an invented composite character, composed by the Romans who wrote the NT. In Genesis is written that "god said let us make man unto our own image" After centuries of people asking who was god talking to at that time, the church made up the trinity.

• Dale-E

It depends on who is looking as to what they are able to see. God has a seeing capacity that is not limited, but so far reaching it is unlimited by time and space. He has the real seeing.

People are only able to see within the time and space of any one moment and perhaps reflect on the past in the process.

Then there is the seeing of God's adversary. The adversary is the accuser, and slanderer who is limited by the ego of self importance. Consequently the adversary might want to see, but is blinded by the Self, so that whatever is seen is distorted at best.

God is a mystery, Jesus is the mystery of God. God has put on humanity.

Source(s): Colossians 2:8 - 10