?
? asked in SportsWrestling · 7 years ago

Why do some wrestling fans STILL call TNA a retirement home?

Sadly, WWE has more guys over 40 running around today than TNA does (Sting's gone, Hogan's gone, Bischoff's gone, and the only ACTIVE wrestlers on the roster that are over 40 are Bully Ray and Kurt Angle. WWE has the 50 year old Billy Gunn as one half of their tag champs, and the 45 BORETISTA (who hasn't even wrestled in 4 years) as the headliner for Mania. Don't get me wrong, TNA still has it's problems, boy does it ever, but the overuse of people over 40 no longer is one of them, especially when WWE has more guys in that age range on their active roster.

Favorite Answer

Because the majority of main eventers in TNA came from WWE, and the "Internet Wrestling Community" just goes online to complain about everything.

I mean, they always say WWE is and will always be better than TNA, but then they go and complain about WWE's product.

I didn't even know TNA was still talked about, but let's face facts, TNA only isn't the retirement home now, because they can't afford to keep paying those guys, they pretty much are in a finacial situation where they have to push indy stars and no name guys, hope one of the them is talented and gets over!

I think TNA's worst problem could end up being is recongnizing that talent, sure, they can push younger guys, but that is only happening because they are forced too, they haven't made a star in years and the guys they have big hopes for is EC3, Rockstar Spud, and Magnus!

TNA doesn't need to worry about what WWE is doing, but trust me, if TNA could, they would sign up Batista, Big Show, Christian, Triple H, and all the other 40 year old + stars WWE has, that is just what they do!

• sean

I agree, and although Angle is over 40 he still backfliped of the top of the steel cage 3 weeks ago (one of the biggest bumps I've ever seen) and finished the match, and TNAs world champ is only 28 years old. TNA are kicking WWEs *** in every way so far this year.

( And the monsters ball match between Eric Young and the Monster Abyss! WWE haven't had a war like that since the attitude era! )

You can say pepsi is better then coke but coke makes much more money...

Same goes for TNA and WWE no matter what TNA is nothing compared to WWE because if they were WWE would actually try like when WCW almost won.

Two bad 95% of Total Nonstop Action's Roster is currently EC3, Magnus and Dixie Carter;

sean: You can't be serious.

Source(s): I'm a video game critic, it's kinda; my job.

People hate on Batista, but Rob Van Dam they loved, and he was gone gor 4 years and people are hoping to see return before wrestlemania, And if Evan Bourne returned people would love it, and if John Morrison returned, I would die (with many others). But they hate the big guy return?

Source(s): Just saying since he called him Boretista...

WWE is the retirement home now. too many part timers

#4823489 reason why CM Punk quit

• They don't actually watch Impact Wrestling, they only complain about it.