Could I have the flu? Hypothyroidism?

So I had blood work done twice for my thyroid. So I'm not sure if some of my symptoms have anything to do with that.. But I am very tired, I cannot get out of bed, I am hungry but I can't eat, I have a terrible headache, one nostril is runny but it's just regular mucus. I have really bad body aches and I'm afraid to get out of bed because the pain is so bad. I also think I may be very dehydrated, but as I said, I can't get out of bed. I also have mucus coming up my throat (I don't have a sore throat or a cough) and it's an orangy color with red specks in it(blood). A lymph node in my neck is swollen(right side) and my right arm is very achey and painful. I'm in a lot of pain and I don't know if I should go to the hospital? Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Yes you should.. the main criteria for admission is whther the patient is capable to take care of himself/herself.. if there is poor oral intake (food and fluid), that when we hook you to iv drips to replace the fluid and energy that you've lost while you are ill..

Most what you described accounts for 'viral fever'.. common viral fever usually lasts for 5 days to 14 days, and rarely goes beyond that..

Small specks of blood or brownish substance, could be something significant like tuberculosis and other worrying illnesses.. however, swollen tonsils are known to produce weird colored discharges similar to blood, i.e. it could be nothing..

The hypothyroidism can be the culprit here..

reduced energy is a feature in hypothyroidism, so do reduced immunity and being prone to illnesses, like respiratory infections..

Think not much of this, and get yourself to the emergency department..

Hi,

I read an interesting guide about how to stop hypothyroidism at the source. it's called hypothyroidismrevolution. Check it out here http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=290

I hope it helps

Thyroid disease is one of the most common health problems we face today. From a practical standpoint, there are many ways to approach this issue. Learn here https://tr.im/0Sr3m

Hypothyroidism, or underactive thyroid, is a very common problem, and there are many reasons for this, including drinking chlorinated and fluoridated water, and eating brominated flour.

Chlorine, fluoride, and bromine are all in the same family as iodine, and can displace iodine in your thyroid gland.

Secondly, many people simply aren't getting enough iodine in their diet to begin with. The amount you get from iodized salt is just barely enough to prevent you from getting a goiter.

Yes you should go to hospital as early as possible because the symptoms you have told are nearly belong to the thyroid problem.i have it.But the flow of blood from nostril my be another symptom of this disease.i'll advice you to go to doctor or it will be more dangerous for you.In this disease people feel comfortable to sleep all the time.and lack of hunger is very common symptom.well if you are sure to have this disease as you told that u have been doing work for it.if you are fatty u may have this.No one will be able to detect this disease except your medical reports and physician.