Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Is Obama using the IRS as his personal police force?

Once again acting without Congress, President Obama has unilaterally changed his signature health insurance law, delaying its employer mandate – the second time he’s done this — to 2016, after the mid-term elections.

BUT: To be eligible for the additional delay, the Obama administration says an employer “may not reduce the size of its workforce or the overall hours of service of its employees” unless it can justify those reductions to the Internal Revenue Service.

The Affordable Care Act, as passed by Congress, says companies with more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees must provide “minimum essential coverage” starting on Jan. 1, 2014 or pay a fine.

On Monday, the administration issued new regulations saying that employers with 50 to 99 workers don’t need to provide minimum essential coverage until 2016 – two years beyond what’s written in the law.

http://weaselzippers.us/173079-companies-not-allow...

Favorite Answer

OMG the level of ignorance and hypocrisy these days is astonishing. Obama acts like a feudal overlord issuing executive orders, deciding unilaterally which laws to have enforced and rewarding his and his wife's cronies and yet where is the outrage? Where is the media? The ones that are speaking up are harassed, called vile names and dismissed and the main stream media and many of the public are guilty of complaisance. Obama said he wanted to fundamentally change America and he's done it, all who voted for him deserve what's happened and what's to come. Unfortunately the rest of us are being pulled by the tide.

He cannot change the law on a whim with executive orders. He cannot change the date of implementation if a specific date was given in the law.

As far as the delay only being available if you don't drop your number of employees or hours, that already happened. Small businesses have been planning for this since 2011. I capped my employees at 49 so that I won't have to be involved with Obamacare. It is cheaper for me to give overtime to my full time employees than to hire one more and have all the Obamacare regulations put on my business. I already offer to my fulltime and part-time employees the same health plan my family is on. It is cheaper than the plans on the exchanges and offers more coverage. Why do I need the government to tell me how to take care of my employees?

Here's the problem. If we don't get some republicans with a spine to tell Obama no, he will continue to do whatever he wants and act like he is a king rather than a president.

I don't know.

I think this recent move has really upset some of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) opponents. I guess this has really upset the opponents of the ACA, perhaps because they did not see it comming.

It makes you wonder what else President Obama and other Democrats will do, that the opponents of the ACA cannot see coming to make certain the ACA succeeds.

• Kini

The IRS is the agency that collects taxes. They have to be informed if there is a change in the number of employees to avoid paying the tax penalty or avoid getting insurance in 2 years. They changed the requirement to allow small business with less than 100 instead of less than 50 who do not have to provide insurance. That is less of a burden on small business. There is nothing wrong with making changes to timelines. That happened since the law was written and provisions have been changed and dropped during this period.

No. Conservatives are just being overly paranoid, encouraged by conservative media spin doctors whose job is to make sure their listeners are panicked with fear and hate directed at all things liberal.

Does it make sense that employers can claim Obamacare forced them to cut their labor force when they aren't being subjected to Obamacare yet? Maybe it does in Rush Limbaugh Land, but it doesn't in the rational world.

He is and has. And will continue to do so. Unless

he is stopped.

No. Obama is a reasonable man, But this is ludicrous talk. Hes doing what he think is right.

This is another untrue story Fox put out and their little peeps jumped on it like good little do bees

• Paula

Yes.

• Elliot

No, and the president can enforce the law how he pleases.

Source(s): US Constitution