Anonymous

what reason does the russian government have to discourage gay people?

It seems like the russian government is discouraging gay behaviour a little bit. just wondering what economical or safety reasons the government has to hate on gay people so hard?

• DK52
    Favorite Answer

Their beliefs, which they have a right to, no matter who it may offend.

Not everyone has to be on board with homosexuality.

Like your American government, the Russian government is fine to pass anything, whether people like it or not.

Many of my Russian relatives, friends, and acquaintances along with me do not support gay marriage, or anything gay. Even my Eastern European friends from other neighboring countries don't approve of gay people. We are not as liberal as you Americans, ok?

We are allowed to have our own beliefs and it doesn't matter whether you non-Russian outsiders approve or not. We are allowed to believe in whatever we feel is right.

We have our policies. Worry about yours.

• CSE

The primary argument from those promoting tolerance in regards to homosexuality is that it is nobody else's business what someone does in the privacy of their own bedroom.

The laws in Russia basically agree with that argument.

They aren't discouraging gay people, or telling them that they can't be gay. They're telling people that they are free to be gay, but to keep it to themselves. That they can engage in whatever they wish, but not to try to promote it, and not to try to portray it as being the same as heterosexuality, because it's not.

Even the ancient Greeks, arguably one of the most accepting cultures towards homosexuality (to the point of having certain deities who engaged in homosexual relationships at times), even they recognized that heterosexuality and homosexuality were not the same thing.

Russia says that gay people can't kiss in public, everyone goes crazy.

Iran & Sudan execute gay people in public, very few people blink an eye at it.

Liberal Logic 101

First of all, non-gay people in russia want this because the government doesn't control them with propaganda, they are smart enough to jail them but they'd be even smarter if they publicly execute them.

Secondly, gay people are against nature.

Source(s): The Truth

I don't know. But have you noticed that Putin looks a bit gayish? And did you know "Putin" is slang for "gay male" in Spanish?..... Ironic isn't it?

oh what you don't like my answer cause I said the dude looks queer? or cause putin means gay dude in Spanish? LOL! neither situation is my fault, I did not make the Spanish language slang rules, that just happens to be a fact and I love gays ;)

Dunno but, when we watch apes on wild life programs we can observe them bum rushing each other regardless of sex or kin.

Most homosexuality is emotional and mental development from youthful experience or a lack of parental guidance - A form of neurosis.

Some turn gay to get into banking and media or for other prospects of employment, a bit like the way females were sexually exploited before gaining advancement.

Empowered perverted apes are like that.

• RESPECT OTHER COUNTRIES AND THEIR CULTURE EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. THERE ARE PLENTY OF NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT AMERICA THAT THE WORLD DOESN'T LIKE INCLUDING THE FACT THAT AMERICANS LET LUNATICS HAVE GUNS.