?

did God really have to save a billion species of insects on noahs ark.?

to me its just ridiculous what Atheists imagine in their own "delusions" to seek justification for the beleif that there is no God.

well? how many insects survived Katrina, and how quickly did life return to Mt St helens... for a fact the water in the flood did not have to cover all the lands which were not as high as our mountains are today. in some places it only had to "sweep" the land but only to destroy all flesh where mankind is concerned. aiui.

@spacewasp, consider this question followed another question from an atheist, who used the word billion

Favorite Answer

Are you aware that just 50 years ago there was only One type of African Violet plant? Now there are over 2,000?!

That there to be only one breed of dog; how many are there today?

Two new breeds of potato were listed on the news last week!

Source(s): Bible, history

Seeing as though the most extreme estimate of the number of insect species on Earth only reckon on about 30,000,000 (with roughly 1,000,000 currently described), a billion species is a gross exaggeration.

"...for a fact the water in the flood did not have to cover all the lands which were not as high as our mountains are today. in some places it only had to "sweep" the land but only to destroy all flesh where mankind is concerned."

Why not go a step further and admit that there wasn't a global flood at all? At least then you'd be agreeing with the evidence.

• rac

There is no mention of the creeping things of the earth and I have wondered how all encompassing the ark was in that respect. An ark load of insects, worms, snails, etc. would be quite the accomplishment indeed. I suppose a literal acceptance would say yes, they had to be included. However, I am willing to accept some lesser, yet satisfactory fulfillment of that commandment.

Insects are remarkably adaptable and may have been able to survive without the ark.

I wish I had a more definitive answer, but alas, I do not.

Source(s): my entomological opinion
  • ?

The story of Noah is an ancient allegory, based on earlier Sumerian/Babylonian flood stories. Even Orthodox Jews acknowledge this, as do the majority of Christians (oldest & largest denominations).

Genesis 1 - 11 are all allegories. There were no Hebrew people until Genesis 12 when God spoke to Abraham. That is a fact.

Folks who do not acknowledge this actually given ammunition to atheists to deny the existence of God.

If you cannot be trusted in small matters (physical reality), how can you be trusted in important matters (faith)? Luke 16:10

If the Bible were to have every detail of creation and man's existence and history, even the NSA computer in Utah would have insufficient memory to contain it.

As a matter of fact about one person for 3 1/2 years, it makes this statement.

"There are also, in fact, many other things that Jesus did, which if ever they were written in full detail, I suppose the world itself could not contain the scrolls written."__John 21:25

That being said, the Son of God himself talked about Noah and the flood in Mathew 24:37--

That is enough for me to believe Noah & the flood happened as recorded from Noah's point of view. He did not record in detail where the water came from. Just that the heavens poured rain for 40 days and the 'springs of the vast watery deeps' opened. And that all the tall mountains were covered. And that the ark came to rest in the mountains of Ararat, which is in modern day Turkey.

As to the ark; it had enough storage capacity to do just what was expected. As to insects; most insects could easily survive the flood unattended. They are very persistentt about survival.

True. There are a number of questions that I look forward to asking Noah in the resurrection. But those questions are not important to my day to day life right now. They will wait. In fact there are life forms living today that were were here as individuals living at the time of Noah. One of those is a tree high in the White Mountains of Eastern California. Some here may have climbed way past normal timberline and saw it as well. The altitude where it lives is over 11,000 feet.

Have fun doing your research.

Source(s): Holy Bible nwt
  • Linda

Only the foolish and uneducated deny God's existence.

Noah did not take every species. He took every kind.

There are actually only 3 different kinds of insects. All insect species fall into one or the other of these categories. It was only necessary to take the three to repopulate the earth. Same with the other animals.

He couldn't fit 7 of every clean and 2 of every unclean on the boat. But if you believe in God, which is equivalent to a belief in magic, he warped space-time around the boat as to create a dimensional pocket in which all the animals could exist. That's pretty delusional, but when you accept the nonsense of a supernatural being actually using his infinite powers to cause a giant flood then I guess anything is possible. But god does not exist.

• ?

No he didn't. Noah only took KINDS of Land Vertebrates. As you point out insects have a great capacity to survive disasters.

Source(s): CR YEC

depends on the definition of species

God created kinds

I just wish HE would have left the mosquitos behind.