Teenagers and young adults ONLY!!?

There are things like racism and sexism occuring everywhere and all the time. But do you think it's fair that even "ageism" exists among young people. I've had 3 apartments in my life so far and I just signed the lease of my forth. And in all cases, my mom had to also sign, stating that just in case I don't pay my rent, she WILL. All this, just because I don't have credit? Isn't the fact that I've had 3 apartments before enough? I literally have to get a credit card (after a year of working at a new job) in order to get any future apartment on my own, without my mom's signature, or else I can't get one? Am I the only one who is frustrated?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely not alone! My fiancé who is turning 22 had to do the same thing to buy a car. There is always some sort of stereotype for a group of people. Unfortunately for young people it's that we're lazy and irresponsible.

• james
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

It depends on what your looking for.it has nothing to do with age.i know of hundreds of places you could rent with no credit history.i know hundreds of high class apartments as well as long as you pay up front.if you were 65 and had no credit history etc you would have the same problem.yes most won't but as I stated before those same ones also won't to a 65 year old with no credit.ageism does exist but not in this argument.

• 7 years ago

Racism, Sexism, and Ageism, do exists and they will always exist.

I know how you feel. But that's what managers do to make sure that youre not irresponsible.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Its called age discrimination. That is all, carry on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Discrimination is against everyone, no one is safe from it.

• 7 years ago

Are you complaining? Dude, grow up!

Source(s): Haha, get it?
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Wtf are you talking about dude?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.