Brea asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

Home remedies for hair growth?

Are there any hair masks that help hair grow?

Favorite Answer

Ok. Honestly, there are no products or hair remedies that will make hair grow faster. Your hair grows at it's own rate whether it's fast or not. An average of about 1/2 inch a month. However, there are remedies and products you can use that can promote hair growth.

I'm gonna tell you something. I was so depressed last year when I had to chop off 6 inches cuz I waited so long to cut it. It was still really long but, not what I wanted. It was past my butt by 1 1/2 inch. Then it was just above my tailbone by 2 inches in May of 2013. I recently grew my hair back down to the very top of my thigh. (I cut it again for a preferable length).

The secret is time, patience, and care. I take very good care of my hair. Now, I don't know if you do or not, but I have straight up virgin hair. No dye at all and no perms. The last time I straightened and blow dried my hair was in mid April of last year for a special occasion. I have very wavy hair that is to my tailbone now.

My remedies are is that I use very very well products on my hair. I have a bathroom full of different conditioners and shampoos. My favorite is I use the Nexxus ultra moisture shampoo and conditioner. It's a very pricy product but it works amazingly. While you lather it through your hair, it goes so smoothly it's ridiculous. And instead of that rough and squeaky clean feeling after you rinse out your shampoo, the shampoo leaves it nice and silky through the water. It comes in a very big bottle so it will last you a very long time. Trust me, no matter the price, it's worth it.

A cheaper product that I am absolutely in love with that I use at times and make sure to keep stock of is Mane N Tail. It's a horse shampoo. Horse shampoo really does promote hair growth due to the stimulation it gives on your scalp because of the chemicals out into the product. It also leaves your hair feeling so soft and looking so full it's just incredibly amazing.

As you may know, never brush your hair when it's wet. Use a wide toothed comb and start from your ends and work your way up to the roots to avoid huge knots and possibly breaking the hair follicles.

A great delta glee that I use is the Paul Mitchell extra body daily rinse conditioner. It will leave your hair so shiny and bouncy it's amazing. And when combing through your hair, even once dry, your hair has absolutely no knots.

A very important tip for hair is to trim it about every 3 months. Trim off about 1 1/2. Now this doesn't help hair growth whatsoever. That's what people get confused. You trim your ends, hair comes from your roots. Just trim your ends so your hair looks more beautiful and stays strong and get rid of the weak strands so your hair is full of nice, shiny, soft locks. If you don't, your ends will be dead and split and will leave your hair becoming uneven, thin, and will give the illusion of thin hair even if you have such thick hair. Also, the split ends will travel up your hair strands and will cause you to have to cut even more hair off. So please keep your ends healthy and get those needed trims.

Now the most important, stay away from heat. That's a hard one. Many people suffer from frizzy, unmanageable hair. But you can use serums to help that. And leave in conditioners work perfectly. I have deeps waves so I get very frizzy hair but when I leave my hair damp, I put serum or conditioner in to control the frizz. A great serum is probably the silk drops that comes in a tiny little bottle and you can find in any drug store and it works amazing. You can use the fructis leave in conditioner also and it helps keep the frizz under control and won't weigh your hair down.

Also, there is one conditioner I use for frizz. Ever sleek conditioner by loreal. I don't use loreal products. Just this one conditioner. It absolutely works without a doubt. You can also just tell it works when you put the product in your hands and the gexture of the conditioner is so thick. Don't put too much tho or your hair will lose its volume and will look thin and become unmanageable.

Also, don't wash your hair everyday. I stop at least 4-5 days before I wash my hair again. I co wash my hair in between tho. But I only put the conditioner on my ends or my pony tail area.

Instead, use a trusting dry shampoo in your hair so it won't look oily. But I make my own so I don't get a weird texture and it doesn't turn my hair white. I make mine out witch hazel and baby powder. Witch hazel will absorb color which will exclude the baby powder from Turning your hair white and the baby powder will leave your hair smelling nice and it is not as harmful as baking soda (common ingredient for D.I.Y. dry shampoos).

A great mask is a hot oil treatment. I use all Virgin olive oil. I heat it up, and put it in my roots. I massage it only in my roots. I hold my head upside down for 2 minutes. (This gets blood flow to your scalp and will absorb the healthy ingredients of the hot oil). Put your hair in a clip and put a towel on your hair and let it sit for 15 minutes. Go in the shower, rinse it out with lukewarm water. Put your shampoo in and them rinse that out with lukewarm water. Put your conditioner In and let it sit for a few minutes and wash up and do whatever you have to do. Rinse that out afterwards with cold water. This leaves you stress free which is very good for your hair. That's why it's important to massage your scalp everyday even if it's with your fingers because it releases stress. Stress can reduce hair growth because your brain isn't producing enough energy and you are not utilizing enough protein which is what your hair is. A dead protein.

Most importantly, do not use dyes or harsh products on your hair. It will just ruin your hair. All it does is dry your hair out. And dry hair is the last thing you want if you want your hair to grow.

And don't use gel. Use pink lotion in your hair to style your hair. It is just a cream but it moisturizes your hair while it sleeps your hair down.

And if you don't have virgin hair, use the John Frieda full repair conditioner at least once a week and leave it in for 2 hours as a deep conditioner to strengthen it. But still, every if you only use heat on your hair twice a week, don't use heat. It will definitely help keep moisture in your hair. All heat does is put pressure on your hair and leaves the heat to destroy your hair and dry it out.

Hope I helped!

Source(s): I study cosmetology and I use these products and remedies on my hair. And I grow my hair so fast and so long.

There are natural remedies which help with hair regrowth. A protein component in a diet is essential to body growth and hair growth as well. Vitamin E is another important nutrient for hair growth as it helps in the growth of new hair.

Yes, of-course ,,,,,, try this natural remedy for healthy hair growth. Press out the juice of three fully ripe tomatoes and mix it well with an egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoon water. Apply this mixture on your hair completely. Leave it on your hair for about 30 minutes and then rinsed out with warm water. This natural home remedy not only make your hair grow faster, but also strengthens them immensely. It also prevents the hair loss.

For more hair growth tips and remedies visit -- http://www.extrabeautycare.com/tips-to-increase-ha...

We all lose some hair strands each day. So, it’s normal to see some hair coming off your scalp when you brush your hair daily. Normally we lose about 80-100 strands daily due to the end of life cycle of a hair strand. If that’s the matter, you don’t have to worry a lot. Just continue to have a stress-less healthy lifestyle including balanced diet. It’s when you see an abnormal loss of hair that you should start taking measures to stop this. There are many causes of hair loss.

Whatever the causes, you should try to eliminate them first and then resort to these home remedies for hair loss. Read here https://tr.im/hqJtj

You may lose hair due to some hormonal changes, unhealthy lifestyle, junk food devoid of nutritional value, stress, some medication, vitamins deficiency, thyroid problems, menopause etc.

This is a fairly simple and easy method providing nourishment and strength to your hair. Although oiling may prove to be messy for some people, it is extremely efficient in terms of preventing hair from breaking, drying and thinning. One can feel free to use their specific choice of oil. The procedure is simple; take the amount of oil needed for massage, slightly heat it and start the process. Afterwards, one should wash their hair with a good shampoo. The process should be repeated at least twice or thrice a week.''

The hair is not just a part of your body and it is a symbol of beauty, status and health. It is important for you to take proper care of your health in order to prevent early hair loss. Learn here https://bitly.im/aOh4p It is not a very serious problem and with a little bit of caution you will be able to prevent further hair loss. There are certain uncontrollable factors like pregnancy conditions or certain illness or genetic factors that will result in hair loss. But, this does not mean that you cannot do something about your hair loss.

• Entity

There is really nothing that will help the growth, although shampooing with Mane & Tail Shampoo, stimulates the hair follicles and makes your hair appear thicker and healthier which leads to healthy new growth.

Before I answer this, Ask yourself, Is my hair damaged? What should I do to keep my hair healthy or make it healthier? What are some good products?

Well it depends on:

-Genetics

-How much heat you put on your hair

-How often you wash hair

-What you do with hair on a regular basis

-What Shampoo & Conditioner you use

-etc.

On average, hair grows 0.125 per week, an average of 1/2 inch per month to the maximum of an inch.

With heated styling tools a lot slower!

I made the mistake of cutting my hair really short awhile back, but it only took me a couple months to grow it back long. ( It is down to my rib cage now.)

This is what I did to grow it back out:

- Massage your head whenever you get the chance. This will stimulate the roots of your hair causing it to grow.

- Eat your fruits, nuts, and vegetables and drink lots of water! The nutrients will make your hair shiny and healthy, which will also promote growth.

- Don't straighten your hair or curl it with an iron! This will only break and damage your hair and prevent it from growing.

- Try not to blow dry your hair if possible. Let it air dry when you can.

- If you absolutely can't live without your heat products (flat irons, curling irons, blow dryers, etc.) make sure to ALWAYS use heat protection before you use them.

- While in the shower, don't use shampoo every day. Use it every other day to every 3 days. Use conditioner EVERYDAY or EVERY TIME you wash your hair.

- Another shower trick! When you put conditioner in, squeeze out your hair first. Then rub it throughout your hair. This will make it easier for your hair to soak up the moisture and vitamins in the conditioner.

- Another shower trick!!! Wash / condition your hair FIRST before you wash your body. Keep the conditioner in and clip it up for the rest of the time you are in the shower, and rinse when you are about to get out.

- Wash / rinse your hair with COLD or cool water. Hot water (and just heat in general) is BAD for your hair.

- Use products that will strengthen your hair or say something like "Moisturizing" on them.

- Don't brush your hair when it's wet. This can break your hair. Use a wide toothed comb instead, and try using leave in conditioner before you comb it through.

- Be careful and gentle when taking out knots/snarls.

- Be careful when you brush your hair.

- Use hot oil treatments when you have the chance.

- Don't sleep with your hair up. This can cause breakage.

- Use an old cotton T-shirt to dry your hair instead of a towel.

- In the summer, be careful of the sun. It can dry out your hair and make it damaged and brittle.

- Don't get in the habit of dying your hair. If you already do, make sure you don't bleach your hair.

Products Recommended:

-Wen by Chaz Dean

-CHI Silk Infusion

-Bumble and Bumble BB creme De Coco shampoo & Conditioner

L'oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo & Conditioner and Damage erasing Balm

Good luck growing out your hair! If you follow these tips you will have long beautiful hair in no time. :)

There isn't any mask that can make your hair grow but the mask itself with prevent hair damage making your hair healthy and longer. I use coconut oil or olive oil. Both oils make my hair moisturized and prevent breakage.

Looking for the great things about salmon but you don't feel safe cooking fish? Try canned salmon to be a simple and affordable alternative.

Use a vegetable bean dip including hummus instead of ranch dressing or maybe a fatty cream-based dip.