Mailing from the US to Canada.?

I was wondering how this worked out. I ordered a new charge cord for my laptop off ebay and it's coming from the US. Anyway I was wondering if it comes to my place or in the mail or would I have to go pick it up somewhere?

• Cheryl
    Favorite Answer

when ordering from the united states, you should always confirm how the seller is shipping the item ... if they are using the postal service, all is good and you will receive the item in your mail box or a card to pick up at your local postal outlet if too big for your mailbox or you are not home when they attempt delivery ... however, if the seller ships via a courier service such as fed ex or ups, those types of companies will attempt delivery to your address as well and if not available you will have to pick up at one of their outlets ... and if sent via courier (you never want this unless a big item or something expensive) the courier company charges you a brokerage fee plus applicable taxes and duty and that can be excessive for a relatively inexpensive item ... i unfortunately learned that the hard way and paid forty-five dollars in fees on top of the shipping i paid to the seller for a twenty dollar item ... always confirm how the item will be shipped ...

Once it clears customs Canad Post will attempt deliver to your home. If you're there you get the parcel handed to you. If you're not one of two things will happen. Option one is if the item is small enough to fit in your mailbox they'll put it in there. Option two is if the parcel is larger. They will leave a notice saying that they attempted delivery but nobody answered the door. The notice will tell you where and when you can go pickup your parcel.

Source(s): Frequent buying of items from abroad.

If it fits in your mailbox or through your letter slot, that's where it will go. If it's too big, they will knock on your door if you live in a house. If you're home, they'll give you the parcel. If you're not, they leave a card saying where to go to pick up your parcel. If you get your mail in a community box or an apartment mailbox, they might leave the parcel in the parcel box and a card in your mailbox saying there is a parcel in the parcel box. If the parcel is too big for the parcel box, they leave a card saying where to go to pick up the parcel. Take ID with you when you go to pick it up.

• C.M. C

Soiledapple, what address did you give to the seller on Ebay for shipping purposes?