Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Why do Christians believe that God loves everyone when the bible doesn't support that?

the truth is God doesn't love everyone (he hates non-believers & the disobedient) Psalm 11:5-6, Psalm 5:5-6. Psalm 145:20, Psalm 94:23.

God hated Esau (which means, God loves everyone is a lie form the devil)

He only loves his elect. those who love him back Proverbs 8:17, John 14:21, he sent his son Christ to die for his sheep John 10:11 (that does not include atheists and nonbelievers)

"loves the sinner but hates the sin" is a lie from Satan. made up by Gandi (one of Satan's favourite mouthpieces)

What about John 3:16? "

well, if you go over a few verses it says "those who do not believe are condemned already" which means, God hates them and will destroy them when judgment rolls around. Psalm 145:20, Psalm 94:23.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There is a sense in which God loves everyone in the whole world (John 3:16; 1 John 2:2; Romans 5:8). This love in not conditional—it is based only on the fact that God is a God of love (1 John 4:8, 16). God’s love for all of mankind results in the fact that God shows His mercy by not immediately punishing people for their sins (Romans 3:23; 6:23). God’s love for the world is manifested in the fact that He gives people the opportunity to repent (2 Peter 3:9). However, God’s love for the world does not mean He will ignore sin. God is also a God of justice (2 Thessalonians 1:6). Sin cannot go unpunished forever (Romans 3:25-26).

The most loving act of eternity is described in Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Anyone who ignores God’s love, who rejects Christ as Savior, who denies the Savior who bought him (2 Peter 2:1) will be subject to God’s wrath for eternity (Romans 1:18), not His love (Romans 6:23). God loves everyone unconditionally in that He shows mercy to everyone by not destroying them immediately because of sin. At the same time, God only has “covenant love” for those who place their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation (John 3:36). Only those who believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior will experience God’s love for eternity.

Does God love everyone? Yes. Does God love Christians more than He loves non-Christians? No. Does God love Christians to a different extent than He loves non-Christians? Yes. God loves everyone equally in that He is merciful to all. God only loves Christians in that only Christians have His eternal grace and mercy and the promise of His forever love in heaven. The unconditional love God has for everyone should bring us to faith in Him, receiving in thankfulness the great conditional love He grants all those who receive Jesus Christ as Savior.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/does-God-love-everyone...

Source(s): TR
  • Tiger
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

God has a general love for all men. That even evil men live is a proof on that. They get their time to repent, or to live out their sin.

Unconditional Election:

God does not base His election on anything He sees in the individual. He chooses the elect according to the kind intention of His will (Eph. 1:4-8; Rom. 9:11) without any consideration of merit within the individual. Nor does God look into the future to see who would pick Him. Also, as some are elected into salvation, others are not (Rom. 9:15, 21).

Limited Atonement:

Jesus died only for the elect. Though Jesus’ sacrifice was sufficient for all, it was not efficacious for all. Jesus only bore the sins of the elect. Support for this position is drawn from such scriptures as

Matt. 26:28 where Jesus died for ‘many';

John 10:11, 15 which say that Jesus died for the sheep (not the goats, per Matt. 25:32-33);

John 17:9 where Jesus in prayer interceded for the ones given Him, not those of the entire world;

Acts 20:28 and Eph. 5:25-27 which state that the Church was purchased by Christ, not all people;

Isaiah 53:12 which is a prophecy of Jesus’ crucifixion where he would bore the sins of many (not all).

MIMI

• 7 years ago

I think the problem with what you're saying is that you see love only as an action. In the case of God, it is both action and His essential nature.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

God's very essence is love, and He cannot go against His own nature. But human beings have to make a deliberate choice to love righteousness, and if they decide to do evil, then it's as if they are strangers to God.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

In no way does that contradict the fact that God is love. His essential nature remains unchanged toward all of His creation. But His actions differ according to the response that people make to His call for righteousness.

Source(s): Catholic Christian
  • 7 years ago

""loves the sinner but hates the sin" is a lie from Satan. made up by Gandi (one of Satan's favourite mouthpieces) "

Was it necessary to bolster your ridiculous comments with a lie? You couldn't have made your religion sound less attractive if you tried.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I think God is much stricter than what people make out

strict but fair

• 7 years ago

Jesus forbade his disciples from preaching to the gentiles and Samaritans.

What part of naming the hebrews god's chosen people do you not understand?

Lv 7
    7 years ago

Unrepentant sinners are still loved by God in that He will not force them into His Presence for eternity once they die. They just get a quick review of every sinful thought, idle word and evil deed they did since birth and then they get cast out into the realm they asked for. That is still LOVE.

• ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

The "God loves everyone" card is fairly new. It's something that religious people started using after the Inquisition when they suddenly had to use persuasion, not force, to convert people

• 7 years ago

If God hated anyone He would never have come to earth to save anyone. God hates sin, in fact He cannot come near sin, but He loves everyone.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Because I DO LOVE everyone unconditionally ; Or else I wouldn't be God , now would I ? Click me on for evidence .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.